Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course.

Moyes had around 12m to spend over 11 years.
Martinez has spent 24m in 2 seasons.

So Kenwright just pocketed the Rooney and Lescott money. Maybe Moyes was just content spending little because a little club like Everton should know there place. If he had any balls then he should have demanded the money for transfers rather than hiking his wages up.

24m?

28m(Lukaku) + 4m(Besic) + 6m(Kone) + 1m(McGeady) +3m (Robles) = 42m
27m (Fellaini) + 6m(Jelavic) + 6m(Anichebe) = 39m

42 - 39 = 3m.

Who am I missing that grows that by 21m?

Our Goat's not a mathematics man, man, although i'm sure The Wire taught him a thing or two about probability.

We played better football in every single 1 of Moyes seasons than they we did last season.

Thats an utter fact.

And nearly crying at you calling Martinez a dominant personality, everytime he talks he reminds me of a little weasel.

He 100% got bullied in School.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out that the dominant personality may well come after Martinez - someone who can build on the right approach to the game we're rediscovering under Martinez.

As for Sgt Major Moyes: poppycock and balderdash. The feller was an overly cautious dullard who brought in decent players but kept them shackled for years because he wouldn't surrender his 'don't lose' philosophy and trademark 4-5-1.

He's basically a manager you'd find at Middlesbrough or some other backwoods 'up and at 'em' mentality no mark club.

He steadied the ship, then he proceeded to anchor it in the same shallow waters for years until SAF smuggled him into United...and oh how we laughed after that.

24m?

28m(Lukaku) + 4m(Besic) + 6m(Kone) + 1m(McGeady) +3m (Robles) = 42m
27m (Fellaini) + 6m(Jelavic) + 6m(Anichebe) = 39m

42 - 39 = 3m.

Who am I missing that grows that by 21m?

McCarthy (13m), Lukaku's loan fee(~around 5m), Barry was 2,5m, wasn't he? Plus Barry's, Deulofeu's, Lennon's And Atsu's loan fees too.

And didn't we pay Spartak something like a mil for Mcgeady to bring him here earlier? And also Galloway.

McCarthy (13m), Lukaku's loan fee(~around 5m), Barry was 2,5m, wasn't he? Plus Barry's, Deulofeu's, Lennon's And Atsu's loan fees too.

And didn't we pay Spartak something like a mil for Mcgeady to bring him here earlier? And also Galloway.
I know people don't really love McGeady and overlook him a lot but he's in what you quoted.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out that the dominant personality may well come after Martinez - someone who can build on the right approach to the game we're rediscovering under Martinez.

Nothing more needs saying after David.

Thats all I need, an admission that hes not the right man for the job.

I thank you for your honesty, the Plotters thank you for your honesty, but most of all, the forum thanks you.

Lukaku Loan fee, Galloway 4m, McGeady was 2m, Barry was 2m and you kinda missed off James McCarthy 13m.
Thought that was speculation.

4m for Galloway? Where was that reported? I've seen McGeady figures range from 500k to 1.5m, never seen 2m.

The loan fees may be fair arguments, but I added full Lukaku price, including whatever incentives that we may have to pay, not the base price, figure that covers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back