Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall Bobby ever saying four years.

In fact, Bobby had never said owt about getting us in the CL publicly to my knowledge.

It was Bill whom said Bobby has said it to him at the interview.....but again, I don't recall Bill mentioning four years.
Hope he did mate, have it ringed on Callender.

It's all about the signings for me.

Good quality signings and he will be given time by everyone...suspicious signings like Heaton,Deeney and Dann and the knives will be out before he can say 'phenomenal'.

I'll say this for Martinez he has assembled, prompted and nurtured some mercurial talents!

Barkley
Stones
Delefou
Lukaku

For those of us brought up Walter Smith it's nice to see the development of possible raw world class talent, in 10 years time we will be amazed that all four of those played in the same Everton team.

I'll say this for Martinez he has assembled, prompted and nurtured some mercurial talents!

Barkley
Stones
Delefou
Lukaku

For those of us brought up Walter Smith it's nice to see the development of possible raw world class talent, in 10 years time we will be amazed that all four of those played in the same Everton team.

Well Barkley and Stones were already at the club and Lukaku appears to have gone backwards so I wouldn't be popping the champagne just yet.

Let's see if all 4 are still with us come September 1st. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they all are.

Personally while I would love if they ban all in/out posts since they are at the very definition of divisiveness which is not in our interests I can't as someone who is pro free speech bring myself to advocate for it.

I just hope anyone that has mind to start one or even responds to one thinks of the possible consequences both pro and con.

Pro - Is there any except an opportunity to vent?

Con - They won't make a difference and if the team are struggling will just make the situation worse.

Same for booing in the ground.

Let's be more mature this year and if the team aren't doing well wait until we really have to take action. I ironically nominate @davek for the job because I don't think he would put Martinez before Everton.

Just let Martinez see his contract out and if he is doing OK then extend it and if not don't.

In managerial terms he is a bit of a Barkley, the potential is there, great one moment not so great the next.
He has a trophy under his belt with a unfashionable Wigan and is still young and hungry.
We need a manager like him whom is not scared and sticks to his principles and is not steered by media or frustrated fans. He is his own man and has to go along his path and stick to it and let us less knowledgable fans back him rather than think we know better and chastise him.
I like him, always will and know we need to take one step back before we can go two steps forward. In RM we trust.....we will have a very bad season or very good because of his footballing beliefs and with time this will only get better and better.
Sums it up for me too. Just no [Poor language removed] murals.

Barkley
Stones
Delefou
Lukaku

Even more amazed that we now own them.

It's fair to say that Martinez is playing a blinder so far in this summer's transfer market.

As well as a future transfer fee secured for Garbutt, he's moved to bring in an industrious player like Cleverley who has bags of experience at the top level; an inspirational player like Deulofeu; a youngster like Henen looks a good possibility now and will underline further his intent to restructure an ageing squad by adding him to Galloway, Barkley Stones. And he's obviously got irons in the fire with regard to a CB and playmaker. If he gets those last two in before the bulk of the pre-season games start then we're in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back