Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it's a case of him possibly being ousted if the season starts poorly, so I don't know why anyone is worried.

The situation would have to be dire for his position to be under any sort of threat. At the moment he's doing little more than causing apathy with his pseudo-continental football.

Firstly, I was stating a personal preference.

Secondly, labeling of posters per se is not against forum rules as long as it is not aggressive, insulting or discriminatory.

Thirdly, one of the reasons why GOT is successful, other than the content of the membership, is that the moderating team take a pragmatic approach to moderation. Our subjectivity helps make the place what it is.

Sounds like the words of a plotter to me.

Just let Martinez see his contract out and if he is doing OK then extend it and if not don't.

In managerial terms he is a bit of a Barkley, the potential is there, great one moment not so great the next.
He has a trophy under his belt with a unfashionable Wigan and is still young and hungry.
We need a manager like him whom is not scared and sticks to his principles and is not steered by media or frustrated fans. He is his own man and has to go along his path and stick to it and let us less knowledgable fans back him rather than think we know better and chastise him.
I like him, always will and know we need to take one step back before we can go two steps forward. In RM we trust.....we will have a very bad season or very good because of his footballing beliefs and with time this will only get better and better.

Just let Martinez see his contract out and if he is doing OK then extend it and if not don't.

In managerial terms he is a bit of a Barkley, the potential is there, great one moment not so great the next.
He has a trophy under his belt with a unfashionable Wigan and is still young and hungry.
We need a manager like him whom is not scared and sticks to his principles and is not steered by media or frustrated fans. He is his own man and has to go along his path and stick to it and let us less knowledgable fans back him rather than think we know better and chastise him.
I like him, always will and know we need to take one step back before we can go two steps forward. In RM we trust.....we will have a very bad season or very good because of his footballing beliefs and with time this will only get better and better.
Sums it up for me.

It,s results business and if he was gone before the clocks go back or not then that,s how it is but hopefully the manager will embrace the challlange and not reach for the execuse book.

There is nothing more to be said till the results start to flow in from the opening 10 games.

With business like Deulofeu (probably) and Cleverley now in to go on tour, he needs to really do the biz on a playmaker and a very good centre back. His own career here at Everton will depend on how he does this summer bringing those two players in. If he gets those two signings right I'd predict plain sailing; if not, he could be in a lot of trouble.

With business like Deulofeu (probably) and Cleverley now in to go on tour, he needs to really do the biz on a playmaker and a very good centre back. His own career here at Everton will depend on how he does this summer bringing those two players in. If he gets those two signings right I'd predict plain sailing; if not, he could be in a lot of trouble.

He promised us CL in 4 years. Two seasons left to deliver. Very important summer that in mind. COYB.

It also puts pressure to the board to give him dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back