Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With business like Deulofeu (probably) and Cleverley now in to go on tour, he needs to really do the biz on a playmaker and a very good centre back. His own career here at Everton will depend on how he does this summer bringing those two players in. If he gets those two signings right I'd predict plain sailing; if not, he could be in a lot of trouble.
He needs to sort a keeper as well because if he sticks with howard it could be his undoing

With business like Deulofeu (probably) and Cleverley now in to go on tour, he needs to really do the biz on a playmaker and a very good centre back. His own career here at Everton will depend on how he does this summer bringing those two players in. If he gets those two signings right I'd predict plain sailing; if not, he could be in a lot of trouble.
Correct. And a striker. 3 more quality players should be achievable with the loan market still a possibility.

Hes signed a very good CB today lad.

The Independent today;

Howard’s ex-wife’s return to the United States with the couple’s children has created the uncertainty about the 36-year-old’s intentions and the quality of Heaton’s performances in Burnley’s relegation season are thought to have impressed Everton manager Roberto Martinez.

Exactly. It should work that way.

I'll tell you what you know already though: first poor result of the season (or pre-season for that matter) and the volume will be turned right up again on 'the managerial question'. And a forum like this will be destroyed by the depressing in-fighting that a few hardcore malevolent spirits (they know who they are) are determined to fan the flames of.

My suggestion would be to ban any "in/out polls" on the forum prior to getting the first third of the season behind us. They were a nightmare for admin to patrol and they dragged this place through the mud. Just a suggestion.

+1

Last season they never started until halfway through and by the end had become tedious.

The thoughts of a Poll after every bad result from the getgo is indeed depressing.

I thought it was Kenwright who said that in the press conference when Martinez was announced, Martinez looked uncomfortable but sort of agreed.

I don't recall Bobby ever saying four years.

In fact, Bobby had never said owt about getting us in the CL publicly to my knowledge.

It was Bill whom said Bobby has said it to him at the interview.....but again, I don't recall Bill mentioning four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back