Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a sceptic. The evidence towards the end of last season did nothing to alter that view.

That could change, depending on the start to next season. There is a lot of us sceptics ready to become believers if the evidence suggests we should.

Hopefully we'll get Moyes back soon so we can finish 4th again.

Sure, it would be no "miracle of Goodison" 72 points 5th place finish but some of us aren't easily pleased and won over by nice shoes and winning the passing stats.
Moyes couldn't get Everton to 72 points if he was given a 5 point start. You have to be bold and creative to make that leap over the 70 point mark. Moyes is a coward and a dullard.

Still a sceptic. The evidence towards the end of last season did nothing to alter that view.

That could change, depending on the start to next season. There is a lot of us sceptics ready to become believers if the evidence suggests we should.

I know there is mate. There was 99.9% backing for Martinez this time last year. I expect the fickle will scurry back to the fold if we recapture form.

Moyes couldn't get Everton to 72 points if he was given a 5 point start. You have to be bold and creative to make that leap over the 70 point mark. Moyes is a coward and a dullard.

He can finish on whatever poinhts total he wants as long as he gets us 4th or above.

Like he did. And Martinez didn't.

A look at the injury list shows that the majority were not soft tissue injuries. For example;

"Leighton had a little bit of instability in his ankle and in the last two weeks it flared up and against Sunderland the pain he was having was intolerable," said manager Roberto Martinez.

Roberto Martinez says it is too soon to know how long Darron Gibson will be sidelined after the midfielder suffered a small fracture to the fifth metatarsal of his foot.
Antolin Alcaraz Injury Muscular Injury 2015 May 20th
Steven Pienaar Injury Muscular Injury 2015 April 11th
Leon Osman Injury Groin/Pelvis Injury 2015 April 11th
Darron Gibson Injury Abdominal Strain 2015 March 25th
Romelu Lukaku Injury Hamstring Injury 2015 March 22nd
Kevin Mirallas Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2015 March 12th
Leighton Baines Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2015 February 27th
Bryan Oviedo Injury Hamstring Injury 2015 February 19th
Kevin Mirallas Injury Hamstring Injury 2015 January 19th
Sylvain Distin Injury Groin Strain 2015 January 6th
James McCarthy Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 December 28th
Tim Howard Injury Calf/Shin Injury 2014 December 26th
Christian Atsu Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 December 11th
Tony Hibbert Injury Muscular Injury 2014 December 10th
James McCarthy Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 November 27th
Steven Naismith Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 November 22nd
Phil Jagielka Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2014 November 15th
Leighton Baines Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 November 14th
James McCarthy Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 November 9th
Seamus Coleman Injury Calf/Shin Injury 2014 November 1st
Steven Pienaar Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2014 October 5th
Kevin Mirallas Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 September 27th
James McCarthy Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2014 September 27th
Seamus Coleman Injury Hamstring Injury 2014 September 21st
Sylvain Distin Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2014 September 12th
Samuel Eto’O Injury Groin/Pelvis Injury 2014 September 4th
Steven Pienaar Injury Groin/Pelvis Injury 2014 August 23rd

Emmm....you were saying? If you want to be pedantic and say 'thats not the majority', its still a LOT more than should be happening for a physical therapist coach that says 'if you get a soft tissue injury, someone did something wrong', no?

Emmm....you were saying? If you want to be pedantic and say 'thats not the majority', its still a LOT more than should be happening for a physical therapist coach that says 'if you get a soft tissue injury, someone did something wrong', no?

John Stones Injury Concussion 2015 June 17th
Sylvain Distin Injury Illness 2015 May 20th
Leighton Baines Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2015 May 9th
Bryan Oviedo Injury Metatarsal Fracture 2015 April 28th
James McCarthy Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2015 April 18th
Steven Pienaar Injury Knee Injury 2015 April 11th
Aiden McGeady Injury Back Injury 2015 April 3rd
Darron Gibson Injury Metatarsal Fracture 2015 April 3rd
Leighton Baines Injury Knee Injury 2015 March 27th
Arouna Kone Injury Knee Injury 2015 March 22nd
Kevin Mirallas Injury Hip/Thigh Injury 2015 March 12th
Leon Osman Injury Knock 2015 March 9th
John Stones Injury Illness 2015 March 8th
Christian Atsu Injury Illness 2015 February 24th
Steven Naismith Injury Neck Injury 2015 February 7th

The list goes on.

As for Roberto's pronouncements, I think we've learned not to take them too seriously. Curiously, the England U21 team came across another case of sticky grass on Monday; "This time, there were complaints afterwards about a “sticky pitch” which inhibited their passing but overall Southgate was just pleased to still be in the running."

Wouldn't want Moyes back but those who say he done nothing are either idiots or overseas fans who have only been following us since the last couple of years to decade. If you remembered how God awful our squad was when Moyes took over to what he left Martinez with, alongside the regular top 6 finishes before City's takeover, working on a sell to buy budget whilst Villa, Spurs, RS, Newcastle, Sunderland etc. Spent £30 mil+ season after season.

I don't like how he disrespected us towards the end but he was far from an average manager.
I do get the feeling we are getting offered a better calibre of players due to Martinez and for that reason I wouldn't want Moyes back.

It's a bit unfair to Moyes but unfortunately he's been labelled as that kind of regressive manager.

IF... big word that for only 2 letters
Don't know about that, quitely confident for next season although it's obviously understandable why you still have your concerns. Martinez has proven to me that he learns from his mistakes, whether that takes a week or half a year.. last season was horrible but I think next season would be a lot different and better.

It's already looking a good start to the window, carry it on with a good pre season and there is nothing to say we can't get back to where we was in Martinez's first season.

LOL...one top four finish in 11 years is some accomplishment.

Martinez has actually won something...at bloody Wigan ffs!

A worst finish of 8th (once) in his last 7 seasons in which we regularly finished in the top 6 with little money was indeed some accomplishment.

I've no problem with people disliking the man, but don't belittle the progress we made under his stewardship.

A worst finish of 8th (once) in his last 7 seasons in which we regularly finished in the top 6 with little money was indeed some accomplishment.

I've no problem with people disliking the man, but don't belittle the progress we made under his stewardship.

I'm only doing it because Martinez has been here for two bloody years mate. He's actually won something and done it at a sh!te club. Let's have a little patience.

Don't know about that, quitely confident for next season although it's obviously understandable why you still have your concerns. Martinez has proven to me that he learns from his mistakes, whether that takes a week or half a year.. last season was horrible but I think next season would be a lot different and better.

It's already looking a good start to the window, carry it on with a good pre season and there is nothing to say we can't get back to where we was in Martinez's first season.
Spot on mate, next 2 signings are crucial .Left sided center back & quality number 10 .Keep the injuries to a minimum we'll be back up there.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back