Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only doing it because Martinez has been here for two bloody years mate. He's actually won something and done it at a sh!te club. Let's have a little patience.

Of course. But there is no need to rewrite the history of the previous 11 years to do that.

It is actually possible to appreciate the progress made under Moyes and hope the Martinez is the manager who will build on it and take the next step. A position the majority of the fan base would hold I'd suggest.

This 'love one hate the other' stuff perpetrated by some of his fanatics is basically rubbish.

Of course. But there is no need to rewrite the history of the previous 11 years to do that.

It is actually possible to appreciate the progress made under Moyes and hope the Martinez is the manager who will build on it and take the next step. A position the majority of the fan base would hold I'd suggest.

This 'love one hate the other' stuff perpetrated by some of his fanatics is basically rubbish.

You are absolutely right of course, but it's difficult to avoid taking the extreme stance when you are answering a post taking the opposite extreme stance.

You and I have proven civil debate is possible on the interwebs, sadly so many post to get a reaction that it's a fight fire with fire world we live in on here for the most part.

You see the same on the Garbutt/Baines/Oviedo threads as well, to appreciate the benefits of one it seems you have to stick the boot into the others.

I'd give Martinez another season because 2 seasons is not enough for a manager but he needs to man up accept responsibility for last season and learn from it, not just think the first season will just appear by magic again.

As for replacements, I'd have Moyes back (don't care how much abuse that gets me, he was a good CB snd a top striker away from the top 4, we have that now), I'd take a punt on Howe, or Karanka, I'd give Koeman a go, then there's continentals like Tuchel Klopp Blanc (obviously not completely available or realistic but why not try). I'd give Rafael a go when he gets fired from Real (I like trophies more than petty RS squabbling). I'd probably even give Harry Redknapp a go. I know he's a clown but when he's been given decent players (like at Spurs) he cracked the top 4 twice. I'd also give Sheeds or Unsworth a go as well. Some of those names seem ridiculous or inexperienced but I think with the squad we have we'd do better than 11th with some of them.

If this is game then it's fierce. If it's not then it's ludicrous.

If we have indeed signed Cleverley, Garbutt and Deulofeu then thats a great start to the summer.

I think there will be 3 more incoming and of those the playmaker and left winger will be key to not only the season ahead but getting the fans onside.

If we have indeed signed Cleverley, Garbutt and Deulofeu then thats a great start to the summer.

I think there will be 3 more incoming and of those the playmaker and left winger will be key to not only the season ahead but getting the fans onside.

Im Confident that we will see one big signing also. And Im not talking about Del here.

Really can't understand the complaints that Martinez has made the team significantly older - this is a team made up of either Martinez signings or players that Moyes signed/developed but didn't use. The oldest is Cleverley at 25.

Robles​
Browning Stones Galloway Garbutt
McCarthy Besic​
Deulofeu Barkley Cleverley
Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back