Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @ wanting Moyes back...the man who did absolutely fk all in 11 years. JUST LOL @ YOU!
Unbelievable isn't it?

11 years of mediocrity > leaves and insults Everton like we were something he'd stepped in > crashes the English champions over the cliff > gets a suntan while reaching the level of mediocrity again = "I'd have Moyesie back lad, yeah".

Unfathomable.

Unbelievable isn't it?

11 years of mediocrity > leaves and insults Everton like we were something he'd stepped in > crashes the English champions over the cliff > gets a suntan while reaching the level of mediocrity again = "I'd have Moyesie back lad, yeah".

Unfathomable.
Don't forget all those derby wins

Wouldn't want Moyes back but those who say he done nothing are either idiots or overseas fans who have only been following us since the last couple of years to decade. If you remembered how God awful our squad was when Moyes took over to what he left Martinez with, alongside the regular top 6 finishes before City's takeover, working on a sell to buy budget whilst Villa, Spurs, RS, Newcastle, Sunderland etc. Spent £30 mil+ season after season.

I don't like how he disrespected us towards the end but he was far from an average manager.

I wouldn't want Moyes anywhere near Everton. He was egotistic and a coward of a manager. Yes he steadied the ship and was more than content with that. I think he was a very lucky manager to be at Everton given the time he was given but saying that we also have a chairman who had the same ambition as him.

The other teams in the league didn't seem to suffer with that issue.

Really?

Arsenal’s group stage World Cup players are due to return on Monday July 21, those who made it through to the round of 16 go back on July 24, quarter-finalists start work on July 28 and the German contingent who will contest the final do not have to return until Aug 8.

That means Özil, Mertesacker and Podolski will not play any pre-season fixtures for Arsenal ahead of the Premier League opener against Crystal Palace on Aug 16.

Mertesacker and Arsenal team-mate Mesut Ozil were part of the successful Germany squad at the World Cup in Brazil, before returning for club duty. The 30-year-old said the season had gone better than he expected after taking so long to move on from the international success.

"It took nearly half a year to realise the problem - most of the Germany players, including Mesut Ozil, got injured. I avoided that but didn't play at my best," Mertesacker said.

29 Nov 2014

Danny Welbeck's second-half header was enough to secure the points at the Hawthorns and launch Arsenal back into the fight for a top-four spot in the Premier League.

However, a section of the travelling support held up a banner at full-time which called for the Frenchman to stand down, reading: 'Arsene, thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye'.

Wenger, who saw his side reignite their top-four bid and qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League for the 15th consecutive time this week, is still convinced he can take Arsenal forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back