Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the plotters will have to hand it to Roberto this summer: he's moving like gangbusters to breakthrough on these transfers. Clevs, Gerri and the haircut all tied down.

Just Dann and a playmaker now...and Lennon when we move that one trick pony divvy Mirallas out.

We aint signing Dann and Haircut 100 hasnt signed yet.

I dont understand, theres no need for spin, we have signed 2 good players, why do you feel the need to add spin David?

Is it cos theres still 2months left?

Even the plotters will have to hand it to Roberto this summer: he's moving like gangbusters to breakthrough on these transfers. Clevs, Gerri and the haircut all tied down.

Just Dann and a playmaker now...and Lennon when we move that one trick pony divvy Mirallas out.

Have to say he is doing very well on transfer up to this moment. Cleverley and Del Boy are already in. Hope he can sign more players that are value for money.

I dont understand, theres no need for spin, we have signed 2 good players, why do you feel the need to add spin David?

I dont think it's spin. Boss man has signed Cleverley, Garbutt is going to be lucky to renew with us on his old wages at this rate given his plummeting stock, and Deulofeu is 99.999999% certain.

Have to say he is doing very well on transfer up to this moment. Cleverley and Del Boy are already in. Hope he can sign more players that are value for money.
Good post mate. I know you were at the forefront of criticism, so hats off to you posting that.

Clean slate next season?

I dont think it's spin. Boss man has signed Cleverley, Garbutt is going to be lucky to renew with us on his old wages at this rate given his plummeting stock, and Deulofeu is 99.999999% certain.

lol what's the 0.000001% chance for mate?

No arguing about it, Barry and Howard will play, you probably included Ross, he was borderline.

No more than 6/11.
Of course I included Ross and I know we joke but there's no guarantee Barry or Howard will play. It's much easier to bench them after pre-season than during the season. It will all depend on how impressive Robles and Besic are.

I also think there's a good chance another winger will be brought in and Cleverly played alongside McCarthy.

Good post mate. I know you were at the forefront of criticism, so hats off to you posting that.

Clean slate next season?

In frank, if he signs 2/3 players who are similar to the signing of Cleverley and Del Boy (good reputation; right age), I think this coming season could be much brighter than we first thought. The bottom line is, in my opinion, his first two summer signings are the right one. Now we need a playermaker and a CB then mission accomplished. Personally, I also hope Kev and Oviedo to sign new contracts the very least.

:cool:

Do we have the money for the playmaker?

Henen too. I think he shows real potential.

If we don't have enough money then we may just sign Vlaar as backup CB and use all the cash to sign a playermaker.
We need a good CB more than good play maker.

A front 3 of Deulofeu Lukaku and Mirallas/Lennon will create more than last season. Although if someone where to get injured we're back to McGeady, Naismith, Kone, Osman or Barkley (out of position) territory.

OK we need both. Lets hope the doe is there. It would be nice to get McGeady off the books.

A front 3 of Deulofeu Lukaku and Mirallas/Lennon will create more than last season. Although if someone where to get injured we're back to McGeady, Naismith, Kone, Osman or Barkley (out of position) territory.

OK we need both. Lets hope the doe is there. It would be nice to get McGeady off the books.

MY EYES!

Kev has to sign a new contract first. Perhaps you are right there, we are thin at the back. Signing another established CB is a must in this case.

I am still so happy that Del has signed for Everton on perm:cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back