Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJQFJ9PWoAEd3Mr.jpg

@davek im surprised your man aint on that list, I guess nobody gives a flick about record points totals.

As Everton boss though, he'd make that list with an average of 1.56 points per game. Just saying like.

Our flaws were obvious again today. Pass the ball, stand and watch. Very little off the ball movement and very little closing down until the ball reach the edge of our penalty box. Same old same old.

It's pre season so let's see how it goes.

RM needs to sign a play maker , and a central defender , and a Keeper if Robles is no good this summer!
otherwise we will struggle our play is ponderous to say the least , and we are still vulnerable to a cross into the box!

I cannot wait for the pre season to end so we can all find out if the lessons from last season have been learnt. Soon it will be time to put down the excuse book and deal with the real business of wining football matches in the EPL and domestic cup games.

Tick Tock

I agree mate never should have let Distin go.
Shane Duffy is still gash

You brought Shane Duffy into the conversation mate

I didn't mention anyone

Strange that when you saw that description you thought to post of Shane

It's as if he was a tall defender who was good in the air or something. Still, what use would we have had for one of those eh? Boss Tekkers that's what the team needS in the back four. That and crocked Paraguayans

You brought Shane Duffy into the conversation mate

I didn't mention anyone

Strange that when you saw that description you thought to post of Shane

It's as if he was a tall defender who was good in the air or something. Still, what use would we have had for one of those eh? Boss Tekkers that's what the team needed in the back four. That and crocked Paraguayans
More that you always like to talk about Shane as the big white hope who we let go Mikey lollollol

I think I'm quite happy with the youngsters coming through at the back, Browning and Galloway look very assured for young uns.
Just need someone in their prime 27-30 ish who's experienced.

Only we had a keeper who could command his box, and put the two centre backs at ease, we do need a ball winner at the back and since two central defenders have left we need at least one quality ball winner in the air alongside the youngsters who will come through in the future along side Stones!

Galloway and Browning will be good cover for the right and left back slots also. What they will be missing in attack is evened out with defenders who can head the ball. Coleman and Baines are the best attacking fullbacks in the league IMO but they are rubbish in the air when defending. We have been weak dealing with crosses with Baines, Coleman, Howard and Jags not fantastic at dealing with them. Nice position to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back