Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Roberto's fault Kenwright gave all the money to Philip Green...more an explanation than an excuse.

Third season syndrome.

With no world cup or EL that could be a forerunner for the bookies favourite.

"It's not Roberto's fault, it's that big bad Maureenio unsettling our players"

is currently lagging behind but expected to make a late surge if we get another bid for Stones.

Martinez, in managerial terms, is still a baby. Impressive record so far IMO. He will certainly improve and has shown he has flair. A very impressive first season for us and a very credible run in Europe. For me the single most thing he got wrong last season was changing the team far too often, we hardly ever started with the same eleven! He is pretty astute in the transfer market and has certainly added to the squad to give us genuine confidence for a good season to look forward to. He is still learning the game but I think Martinez and Everton have a bright future together but possibly a process that will need some time....

View attachment 11983
Plus the most exciting football I've seen in Europe in my life. Wasn't here in the 80s.

As people say, this season will define him. I trust him to make it a good'un.

Also none of this "knife to a gunfight" crap from Martinez.

No, Martinez just talks about going for the win but ends up with the same result. He's responsible for two derbies worse than anything I've ever seen in my Everton life.

Martinez, in managerial terms, is still a baby. Impressive record so far IMO. He will certainly improve and has shown he has flair. A very impressive first season for us and a very credible run in Europe. For me the single most thing he got wrong last season was changing the team far too often, we hardly ever started with the same eleven! He is pretty astute in the transfer market and has certainly added to the squad to give us genuine confidence for a good season to look forward to. He is still learning the game but I think Martinez and Everton have a bright future together but possibly a process that will need some time....
To say HE changed the team too often is maybe a little harsh, our injuries were massive last season...dont think he had a fully fit squad all year. I just hope he is luckier this season...not that thats looking likely. We dont seem to be able to play a game without someone breaking.

nothing wrong with the manager,hes working with what he has...hes stated no player is going thats important to the team,but its the board killing everton.

It was the board that made us finish 11th mate.
as sad as it sounds...if our players were on more money like others around us,i think they may play better for them stupid wages..it wont be long before they all go get better wages else were we cant afford...and we will be finishing worse than 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back