Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know as well as I do: the club are trying to sell Stones and that will provide cash for Martinez. There is no cash for RM right now to bring in big signings...by your own admission it hasn't been there until August, and now August is here so we know that the tv cash isn't going into Martinez's hands it'll be the Stones cash.

Dont blame the manager, blame the board.

You have just said yourself we bring in 35M of TV money...even with the Vibrac loan paid off that still leaves a big chunk of cash doesn't it?

Going into the season without our main striker or a capable replacement is a disgrace. That falls not only on the board's head but the manager's as well.
Nothing shocks me anymore with how this club is being run.
Not sure how you can blame Martinez
Surely if he had 30/40mil to spend
The players would be in now

I just think kenwright has been very clever picking his managers
Both young from small clubs
Happy to manage a big club
Even with financial restrictions

One thing I do agree with Martinez on, is that the transfer window should be shut before the start of the season.

But if he's got a plan for late signings here, then fair do's.

Definitely. Seems to be the growing consensus.

Have a feeling we're holding fire, in the event of a sale - or doing what we did with Fellaini. Intentionally going in late to prevent agents doing their thing.

Guesswork, but the manager said in May to expect some early, and others late.

Not sure how you can blame Martinez
Surely if he had 30/40mil to spend
The players would be in now

I just think kenwright has been very clever picking his managers
Both young from small clubs
Happy to manage a big club
Even with financial restrictions
The manager has to put pressure on the board to get business done early and I'm not saying for Martinez to slate the board publicly, but it's easy to see that he isn't challenging kenwright on the issue. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but we are going into the start of the league very light.

You have just said yourself we bring in 35M of TV money...even with the Vibrac loan paid off that still leaves a big chunk of cash doesn't it?
...and yet a Manager desperate for players is still not bringing players in...if you think he's willingly doing that then that's a strange assumption to make.

The manager has to put pressure on the board to get business done early mate
That's what I basically said
Championship mangers hand picked
That aren't going to rock the boat
Happy to manage a big club in the prem

Moyes didn't put pressure on the board in 12yrs

Martinez either excepts the situation
Or walks

...and yet a Manager desperate for players is still not bringing players in...if you think he's willingly doing that then that's a strange assumption to make.

As just pointed out by admin, he said he would bring in late in the window, therefore I suppose we have to see if he actually does!

Or walks

I think he put a bit of pressure on the board last summer to tie up the Lukaku deal.

Or walks
What about the 35 million in TV revenue? Surely the board has to set that aside to boost the squad..

I think he put a bit of pressure on the board last summer to tie up the Lukaku deal.
Or maybe he had money from the previous season sales

Not sure how the deal for lukaku panned out
But a lot of rumours saying 3yr instalments so we could have paid only 8mil upfront?

If you remember the moutinho summer when it dragged on for 2months
The rumours going around was his club wanted a big chunk of the fee upfront
In the end we got Felliani as his club where happy to be paid a smaller fee upfront and paid over 3/4yrs

It could be a load of boll-ocks but just remember reading it on the forums at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back