Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that? Has to start? I think I'll cry if that's true. Do the club do refunds?

Basically, he had offers from numerous clubs and his stipulation was he must start 85% of games when fit to sign for us. I passed it on and was shot down, even when he was at his worst last year he was still guaranteed a place.

If we do sign someone and hes still playing i'll take the rumour has 99% truth, time will tell i suppose

The tempo at which we play and try to break teams down when we have they ball and they basically have 2 banks of 5 is a joke. It doesn't and won't work against anyone in the league, as we seen last season and this game.

There was a point during the first half when Watford just stopped pressing us, Troy Deeney was actually shouting at his players to let our back 4 play the ball between themselves and Barry.

They [Poor language removed] themselves when they get pressed but then are so slow and do [Poor language removed] all with it when they have time and space.

Spot on. Ever since teams worked out that putting two banks of 4 against us nullified us totally, aka after the first season, we've been absolutely dire to watch. The same predictable dirge served up over and over.

Our squad is too good to play like it did last year, and it's too good to play as badly as that first half today.

He'll never change his style of play and with him at the helm I'll be amazed if we come higher than 8th this year.

everyone stop moaning and wait til December. If we are doing badly, sack him. If today was a rare bad performance then he is the right man.

otherwise we didn't lose and we have at least 4 players including del to come into our first 11

Sign a couple of good 'uns, get an injury free squad and play the best in form players with two up front and we'll be totally sound.

I fear none of that will happen sadly, and I'm usually upbeat when it comes to Everton (ironically).

Cheer up groucho FFS

Basically, he had offers from numerous clubs and his stipulation was he must start 85% of games when fit to sign for us. I passed it on and was shot down, even when he was at his worst last year he was still guaranteed a place.

If we do sign someone and hes still playing i'll take the rumour has 99% truth, time will tell i suppose

FFS mate I hope you've heard wrong on the one, but as you say the signs do seem to support it. If it is true I hope Barry is man enough to admit it's to the sides detriment and they can sort something.

It's such a key position in this system and he is too slow in both body and mind.

Spot on. Ever since teams worked out that putting two banks of 4 against us nullified us totally, aka after the first season, we've been absolutely dire to watch. The same predictable dirge served up over and over.

Our squad is too good to play like it did last year, and it's too good to play as badly as that first half today.

He'll never change his style of play and with him at the helm I'll be amazed if we come higher than 8th this year.

Except he changed his style of play in the second half today?????

I can't help but blame the manager for today. Generally I'm a positive Evertonian and defended Bobby all last season against blues who I thought where far too quick to jump on his back after what was a great season before.

However, injuries aside, I think we've got some brilliant players, certainly the strongest 11 in my lifetime (not counting the title winning sides in the 80's when I was still on the tit), but I still go into this season with nil optimism whatsoever. The style of play is so easy to defend against and is boring to watch. I'm at a loss. Can't see anybody at Everton being decisive enough to move Bobby on and I don't see any evidence of Roberto learning from last season.

So more of the same to look forward to. Hoping to be proved wrong.

I can't help but blame the manager for today. Generally I'm a positive Evertonian and defended Bobby all last season against blues who I thought where far too quick to jump on his back after what was a great season before.

However, injuries aside, I think we've got some brilliant players, certainly the strongest 11 in my lifetime (not counting the title winning sides in the 80's when I was still on the tit), but I still go into this season with nil optimism whatsoever. The style of play is so easy to defend against and is boring to watch. I'm at a loss. Can't see anybody at Everton being decisive enough to move Bobby on and I don't see any evidence of Roberto learning from last season.

So more of the same to look forward to. Hoping to be proved wrong.
I will reserve judgment until the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back