Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing for me is how stupid the idea is.

Almost impossible to work under our board. We could have De Boer, Koeman, Kendall mk1, Alex Ferguson, Alf Ramsey, anyone, they would get little to no backing.

Martinez doesn't help himself sometimes like sticking with Barry every sodding game for 90 sodding minutes, but it's not all on him.

That team today should be beating Watford no matter what.

Couldn't agree more mate. Disappointing for sure.

The crazy thing is the window is still open...need to have a little patience and let him finish his business.

A large portion of our fans are completely mental.

please wake me up..evertonians cant be that stupid ffs...
8dye6bR.gif

New signings are one thing, but regardless of the XI we field we play the same dross.

Are you telling me that if he gets the players he wants he's going to change his 'philosophy'?
No but if we get Shaqiri we will be able to play through the middle and not be pushed out to the sides were we get closed in and lose the ball.

Shaqiri will transform us.

I would add I think it was credit to him that he kept on Barkley. Barkley was shocking first half and could rightly have had no complaints if taken off.

He was played off the front man and was awful.

Getting yourself all tied up.

It won't make any difference at all and it won't make it easier

Like i said, payments aren't made in one go....

SO it won't make any difference if the money is there or not. The financial side of the things will aready be sorted, they'll know how much is available for fee, wages and extra.

Not arsed at all tbf, I didn't go into hiding when we started playing well.

Of course we don't get hundreds of millions in one go, but it's quite easier to budget when you have the actual money in front of you/in an account or whatever.

Amounts paid in could vary on what an estimate you make/get from the League/TV stations or whatever, not THAT far out the question. Obviously you know what's being paid in and when it's being paid in so I won't bother.

What?? You do know the club will be aware of what payments they are due to enable the financial planning.

Its not like Bob is sitting there waiting for the cheque to arrive before any decisions are made.

Jesus wept

Haha if I could rep you I would, posted what I was thinking so many times in this thread.

Some people in this thread must just enjoy sitting through rubbish football matches and Everton playing football that at times is painful to watch.

People saying its only 1 game in, like he started from a clean slate or something today. Nothing has changed since last season and nor will it with the phenomenal array of central midfielders he shoe horns in to the side. I'm amazed Lukaku isn't begging to leave, complrtely isolated in this system and being forced to play injured cos the manager spent most of the Summer telling everyone Kone still has a lot to offer before u-turning on the eve of the season to say we needed a striker. Ironically enough Kone scored and looked the best he has for us.

Cleverly could be a decent signing for us if he plays central but he's never a wide player.

Martinez system has been sussed out, he needs to change it if he wants to keep his job.

Told you I don't know what planet I'm on.

I wrote garbutt derby. Should of been gosling.

Ffs.

Martinez will turn it round. @davek is usually right on such things

It's not rare for fans of other clubs to get the years we won the title wrong, or the goalscorer in one of our most famous derby wins wrong.

Easy mistake to make for Aston Villa or liverpool fans.

Unnaceptable from an Everton fan though of course.

Not arsed at all tbf, I didn't go into hiding when we started playing well.

Of course we don't get hundreds of millions in one go, but it's quite easier to budget when you have the actual money in front of you/in an account or whatever.

Amounts paid in could vary on what an estimate you make/get from the League/TV stations or whatever, not THAT far out the question. Obviously you know what's being paid in and when it's being paid in so I won't bother.

You do not budget when the money is in your account; you budget when you know how whats expected.

I have no idea how much we are getting, but i know not one company in the world waits for the money to be deposited before they budget for anything

Haha if I could rep you I would, posted what I was thinking so many times in this thread.

Some people in this thread must just enjoy sitting through rubbish football matches and Everton playing football that at times is painful to watch.

People saying its only 1 game in, like he started from a clean slate or something today. Nothing has changed since last season and nor will it with the phenomenal array of central midfielders he shoe horns in to the side. I'm amazed Lukaku isn't begging to leave, complrtely isolated in this system and being forced to play injured cos the manager spent most of the Summer telling everyone Kone still has a lot to offer before u-turning on the eve of the season to say we needed a striker. Ironically enough Kone scored and looked the best he has for us.

Cleverly could be a decent signing for us if he plays central but he's never a wide player.

Martinez system has been sussed out, he needs to change it if he wants to keep his job.

His passing philosophy can work, it just needs to be faster and more purpose. The idea that this mythical number 10 will help is quite bizzare; even the greatest of players struggle to breakdown a stubbourn back 8. We need to move the ball quicker with more purpose, the fact we take so long to move the ball forward allows the opposition to just get behind the ball and it becomes frustating, the crowd get annoyed and so do the players.

The isolation of Lukaku is baffling, the lad thrives on his power and pace running at defenders, why the ball isn't played in behind for him to be a beast is pure stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back