Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

....I don't know, perhaps it's all getting too clever. Just buy good footballers and let them play, the crowd will give them the momentum. I think the mid 80s side isn't a bad template, 2 battling central midfielders pressing and working in tandem, two wide players who create and score 10 goals each per season and 2 lads playing at the top end who mixed quality with desire.

Create chances, score goals is a basic recipe for a decent team.

Hear hear!

You couldn't make it 400 winks perchance ?

Dave will handle matters whilst I'm indisposed

Like if you start chatting 'narcissist' stupid-nonsense like that bad ted who hasn't a clue about football.

For @davek its like horses for courses putting melts like that back on the shelf when they talk trash about martinez

But that's not how it works, transfers aren't paid in one large fee. They're spread, normally over the course of the contract.

He's made it perfectly clear that he got his 2 main targets done quickly and the rest will be done at a later date. We knew this at the start of the summer.

The club has lowered debt so is in a more positive position to loan against, this idea that we are waiting TV money is ridiculous

No? You don't say.

We need the dough to see what we can budget for transfers/wages and new deals etc. It's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back