Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A different newly promoted team to what we were playing.

Your point is?

Oh and I know my history. As obviously I could remember the first game in one of the two title winning years over 20 years ago.

People need to be patient. XMAS at least.

Plus THREE signings related. As he already said

@davek
You are asking for patience with Martinez but it is not a knee jerk reaction the criticism he is getting. Anyone could see our failings from last season, which happened to produce some of the worst boring football since the smith era.
Fast forward to a new season those failings haven't been addressed players being played out of position and dull predictable football on offer. You are asking to give Martinez till Xmas he will be lucky to last till the end of the month.

.....I'm just passing this on rather than support the view but the Sporting Life tipsters were chatting football and suggested the 13/2 about us being in the bottom 3 after 10 games was real value based on who we have to play. Ben Linfoot said Everton to get relegated wasn't the worst 50-1 bet nor was the 20-1 for RM to be the first manager to leave his post.

So hope they are very wrong.

.....I'm just passing this on rather than support the view but the Sporting Life tipsters were chatting football and suggested the 13/2 about us being in the bottom 3 after 10 games was real value based on who we have to play. Ben Linfoot said Everton to get relegated wasn't the worst 50-1 bet nor was the 20-1 for RM to be the first manager to leave his post.

So hope they are very wrong.

Bookies want to make money.

Theyre doing that to encourage betting. Offering odds they dont really think they will pay out on.

People are gullable to take note

Just wait till signings start.

@davek

I do believe in 1985/1986 Everton got beat 4-1 by Spurs first day.

Won the league.

Doubt there were biffs calling Kendall out like today.

Slow burn is the season.

That narcissist shout. Tops the lot today. Utter beaut behaviour.

We Were runners up in 85/86 and lost the cup final .

Which is just daft.

He's basically signed the team he had in his first season, full of potential.

He's just got 2 key players to sign new contracts, and he's also kept Chelsea (for the most part) from buying one of the best young centre backs in the league.

He's come out and said he needs 3 players. He got rid of Alcaraz realising he wasn't good enough. He doesn't think Kone can't cut it.

He's making the right moves.

Bottom line, we aint getting too four and neither is anyone but City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal...so cups and top 8 is all we can aim for which is entirely doable.

All true.

I mean, imagine if he didn't have to wait for the TV money to be deposited before he starts going after bigger name targets.

But that's not how it works, transfers aren't paid in one large fee. They're spread, normally over the course of the contract.

He's made it perfectly clear that he got his 2 main targets done quickly and the rest will be done at a later date. We knew this at the start of the summer.

The club has lowered debt so is in a more positive position to loan against, this idea that we are waiting TV money is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back