Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can add to this discussion eggs is of someone said to me Martinez has been sacked tonight, I would be "meh" about it. I just feel so indifferent towards him tbh. I want him to be a success but just watching how lethargic we were today and how much it was like last season just left me a little deflated. Not saying he should be sacked, just saying I wouldn't be that arsed if he was.

....yep, that's about it. Like you, I want him to be good.

At least we're not Villa though, eh ?

Oh wait a minute, they won away to a newly promoted team.

A different newly promoted team to what we were playing.

Your point is?

Oh and I know my history. As obviously I could remember the first game in one of the two title winning years over 20 years ago.

People need to be patient. XMAS at least.

Plus THREE signings related. As he already said

@davek

The only thing I can add to this discussion eggs is of someone said to me Martinez has been sacked tonight, I would be "meh" about it. I just feel so indifferent towards him tbh. I want him to be a success but just watching how lethargic we were today and how much it was like last season just left me a little deflated. Not saying he should be sacked, just saying I wouldn't be that arsed if he was.

I don't know where he gets this widespread reputation as a young, bright, up and coming manager from. His tactics are every bit as dull, negative and unimaginative as Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis. It's just masqueraded as something "continental" because he happens to be a smooth-talking, well dressed Spaniard rather than a fat Northerner with a funny shaped head

Come back when you know what 'narcissist' means.

@davek

I know what it means.

Hopefully within the hour you'll have lost the will to post and just give up completly.

A bit like Martinez gave up trying to win football games because he is above that sort of thing, the classic sign of a narcissist.

Or how your manager tried to score 10 against Palace lol.

Reading the OTT rubbish on here, asking for the manager to be sacked one game into the season, it seems that we are quickly getting to a point were it will be impossible for anyone to manage Everton, at least in the 'opinion' of some so called 'supporters' on here. Watford will play the same way as they did today all season, and will probably stay up. They are run to a strict plan which is already successful in two European leagues. We did well today to eventually learn to handle their physicality, and take the game to them.Another five or ten minutes and there was only one winner. There are signs that once we get moving a bit quicker from the back, we will produce some excellent football.Kones cameo and Barkleys goal could be turning points and the start of great advances in Robertos five year plan.

Think he may of been trying something today.

For me he had far too many midfielders crowding the pitch.

He needs to make sure the ball is moving into space. Using the full width of the pitch.

Not 4 central midfielders on the pitch.

....I don't know, perhaps it's all getting too clever. Just buy good footballers and let them play, the crowd will give them the momentum. I think the mid 80s side isn't a bad template, 2 battling central midfielders pressing and working in tandem, two wide players who create and score 10 goals each per season and 2 lads playing at the top end who mixed quality with desire.

Create chances, score goals is a basic recipe for a decent team.

Reading the OTT rubbish on here, asking for the manager to be sacked one game into the season, it seems that we are quickly getting to a point were it will be impossible for anyone to manage Everton, at least in the 'opinion' of some so called 'supporters' on here. Watford will play the same way as they did today all season, and will probably stay up. They are run to a strict plan which is already successful in two European leagues. We did well today to eventually learn to handle their physicality, and take the game to them.Another five or ten minutes and there was only one winner. There are signs that once we get moving a bit quicker from the back, we will produce some excellent football.Kones cameo and Barkleys goal could be turning points and the start of great advances in Robertos five year plan.

Too right.

'Narcissist'

The stupidity of that statement astounds me.

*shaking head*

So Martinez is bemoaning lack of players, well here's my question to him: why are you sticking with a system that quite clearly doesn't suit the players you currently have?

4231 isn't working for us right now and wasn't working last season, and I want to know why he's not getting the best out of the players he does have.

What if we don't get this mystical no.10 we need? Is he still going to stick with this system? Yes I understand he has a vision, but currently he doesn't have the players to implement it and his reluctance to change is costing our club.

....I don't know, perhaps it's all getting too clever. Just buy good footballers and let them play, the crowd will give them the momentum. I think the mid 80s side isn't a bad template, 2 battling central midfielders pressing and working in tandem, two wide players who create and score 10 goals each per season and 2 lads playing at the top end who mixed quality with desire.

In nutshell, or an eggshell, that is basically it, isnt it?

No mate. There's not enough pointless passing or Gareth Barry in that template

that team will definitely not stay up l o l

this was good game from them and they already were working on their limits. they will be back in the chapionship faster than flash.

anyone who says martinez should be axed after one game must be an idiot or a kopite.

I don't know where he gets this widespread reputation as a young, bright, up and coming manager from. His tactics are every bit as dull, negative and unimaginative as Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis. It's just masqueraded as something "continental" because he happens to be a smooth-talking, well dressed Spaniard rather than a fat Northerner with a funny shaped head

I think that's very harsh on Allardyce and Pulis.

The worry for me is that the first half was identical to last season.

It's too early to call for his head but if in a few months we're playing the same unimaginative, samey, ineffective football then I think we need to think about whether or not he's the man to take us forward.

We need to make a few key signings but we have some really top players. I can't help but think any manager who can't get effective football out of this team is just out of his depth. I mean even putting results aside, the lack of bite, fight and passion we show is just embarrassing.

Really want him to do well but I feel it's getting tough now. The crowd really really are making their point known.

Would love him to just play two out and out wingers in the team for once, just abusing pace out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back