Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling him a 'narcissist'

And all sorts.

Which is ironic in that the bad biffs doing the 'narcissist' shouts don't even know what it means.

1639341-thenarcissist.jpg

roberto-martinez.jpg

I see a lot of similarities between Martinez and Lez Luger.

In fact they are basically thye same except Luger wouldn't draw at home to Watford.

Fine, but the system I believe in is getting out there, getting stuck in and winning.
My point entirely, we have a descent group of players, we're not world beaters or even Champions League class. We are however, better than Watford. We can't play like Barcelona, I wish we could. I'd love to see Everton dominating pocession, out passing teams by 3 to 1 and winning with class. We have had a go at it but it hasn't worked for us.
I said this last season when we dropped down the league, stupidity is doing something and when it doesn't work do it again and think it will achieve a different outcome. Someone on here said this wasn't like the first game of a new season it was like the 39th game of last season.
I am not saying we should sack Martinez after one match, he needs to get in the three players he wants but if he persists in playing players out of position and trying to get them to play a system that is alien to them without any change in fortune then he should go.
We have managed to hang on to all our good players, to date, another year like last year and they will be off.

....same old, lots of folk calling for his head. I defend him, Kendal struggled for a while and got it right but Martinez needs to turn performances around. It's not asking much to set a team out that have a go and create. I just want to enjoy watching them.

Mate I was up at 4:30 am.

I'm NEA about the year. The principle is the same.

People are acting like melts.

@davek

Narcissist my arse !

What time you got up at today is of no relevance to Everton's history.

What you should bear in mind though is that the team which lost 1-4 to Spurs had just won the FA Cup, lost the LC final only after a replay, and were the most improving team in the First Division at the time. So obviously no-one was calling for Howie's head.

What you should bear in mind though is that the team which lost 1-4 to Spurs had just won the FA Cup, lost the LC final only after a replay, and were the most improving team in the First Division at the time. So obviously no-one was calling for Howie's head.

After reading pages of drivel and stupid 'narcissist' shouts its surprising I've still got a will to live.

Ergo directly relevant

He had to get up early to catch the flight in from Oslo for the rs game.

Which is actually tomorrow but he forgot to look on wikipedia and check.

....same old, lots of folk calling for his head. I defend him, Kendal struggled for a while and got it right but Martinez needs to turn performances around. It's not asking much to set a team out that have a go and create. I just want to enjoy watching them.

The only thing I can add to this discussion eggs is of someone said to me Martinez has been sacked tonight, I would be "meh" about it. I just feel so indifferent towards him tbh. I want him to be a success but just watching how lethargic we were today and how much it was like last season just left me a little deflated. Not saying he should be sacked, just saying I wouldn't be that arsed if he was.

Think he may of been trying something today.

For me he had far too many midfielders crowding the pitch.

He needs to make sure the ball is moving into space. Using the full width of the pitch.

Not 4 central midfielders on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back