Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez aint doing it, and Levy cut his nose when RedKnapp asked for more wage, he transformed Spurs into a top side and Pochettino is still struggling to get back to Arry's benchmark.

It is what it is, Redknapp is a good manager, stick it in your pipe and smoke it, it is what it is.

I too enjoyed the year 2010 but things should be left in the past.

He's an overrated media hyped up fraud. There's a reason he isn't England manager, or even employed at the minute.

IT'S BECAUSE HE'S USELESS.

i like martinez but he needs to sack in this idea of turning rom into the complete all round striker. we're not going to have him here long before a top top team takes a punt on him due to his scoring record. let them spend £40m odd on him and try and turn him into said player themselves. just get him playing off the last defender and only looking towards goal and never come deeper to lay the ball off. we then need the new playmaker to be closer to him, sack off barry in a large amount of home games with ross and mccarthy as a centre mid pairing.

look at swansea going to chelsea with ki, shelvey and siggurdson and a midfield 3, all forward thinking players and they nearly won. yet we're playing two DM's at home to teams like watford! moyes kept doing the bloody same, i don't understand all this fascination with DM's. we leaked goals for fun last season anyway, even with that safety blanket which i think inadvertently is the reason why we've let in so many goals.

We're just too flat all the time.

This is going to be nerdy as hell but just to illustrate what I mean...

2rfem4w.jpg

That is how we basically went today - two deep defensive midfielders, which in theory means your full backs operate as wingers and your two wide attacking players cut in when the wing backs overlap to make a three in the box with the supporting attacking midfielder just outside the box.

That's all fine when it works, but you do all that at pace or its' easy to defend against as you stop the space out wide and they're forced to turn around and go sideways. That's the problem we've been having - everyone figured out Baines and Coleman and we don't have the imagination to come up with something else.

Baines was out today - so why didn't we try something like the below?

1rcf34.jpg

To explain that, you keep Galloway back as a normal left back, have Mirallas operate as a 'normal' winger on that side. Then on the right keep things the way we usually do - Coleman wing back, Cleverley cutting in.

Then you only need one defensive midfielder as the left side should always have cover as Galloway isn't bombing on as much, so you'd just play Barry deep, McCarthy as a box to box a bit further forward, Barkley drops a 5 yards deeper to link up and Lukaku plays on the shoulder of the last man, as the majority of your play should be through McCarthy/Barkley to feet or out wide with Mirallas/Coleman.

It'd just make it more asymmetrical and unpredictable. I'm not saying it'd work - I'm not a football manager obviously and I could be cluelessly wrong - but surely thinking something like that as a possibility at least would see us have a manager like the Martinez vs. Arsenal (where he moved Lukaku to the wing and we dominated) instead of the insipid version of Martinez who seems to have forgotten what to do.
Or just download the diablo tactic and we'll win the league at a canter lad

Was much better the second half, we're crossing it a whole lot more this season, just wish rom would attack the penalty area, he holds back or drifts wide too often at times
There is just no urgency with his play at all. He'll lay a ball off and then stand still and watch the play unfold before his eyes, as if he's done his part in the build up to something. A better striker would lay the ball off, spin and find some space, dragging a defender or two with him. There is no busting a gut to get on the end of anything. Someone mentioned in the match thread today.... ' I honestly don't know where Lukaku gets his arrogance from '. Its a simple yet brilliant line and 100% true. Where does he get that arrogant swagger from ?

His game is extremely predictable at the minute and his efforts over the last 12 months certainly don't warrant that arrogant swagger he has developed since becoming our record signing.

He's also a wheeler dealer and leaves clubs in shambles when he leaves them every single time, especially money-wise. To add to that - he'll 100% resign when things stop going his way, claiming one reason or another.

And to add to those - he's now old and poo at his own job ffs.

Our Club is already a shambles, so that's that one nailed.

And he won't be able to do much wheeler dealering on what Bill will give him...he does get teams playing a decent-ish brand of footy though.

#wonthappeninamillionyears

redknapp is atrocious. we'd get relegated within a couple of years after he left if he came here. he's the most short term thinking manager i've ever known. can't work at a club without being given lots of money - despite his wheeler dealer tag. he'd buy short-term signings which would probably improve us for 6 months and then after that's it'd be all downhill. we can't do something like that with our current board.[/QUO
Redknapp does well when he's at a top club, Spurs dicked themselves when they got rid over wages, they are still trying to get back to where they were under Redknapp.

Are we better off with Bobby, no I don't think we are, would I swop him for Redknapp?, yes I think I would.

Martinez's biggest mistake was not adding a "with some investment" to his statement about getting in the Champions League. The squad cover we have is nonexistent after four-plus transfer windows.

One game doesn't make a season, but if this game was tacked on the start or end of last season, nobody would be able to see where one or the other ended or began.

I think by the Redknapp shouts, nobody is talking about his transfer dealings or how he goes about his short-term bullshit.

But his teams actually play incisive football and create chances etc, you know, stuff we should be doing....

I think by the Redknapp shouts, nobody is talking about his transfer dealings or how he goes about his short-term bullshit.

But his teams actually play incisive football and create chances etc, you know, stuff we should be doing....

Did you watch redknapp's qpr????? During the championship before they were promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back