Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to nullify our system at the moment, just drop back, let us have all the possession. we don't have that amazing passer of the ball who will slot through balls in behind defenders (Martinez thinks cleverly can do that)
Martinez first season was great because people attacked us and we hit them fast on the counter, virtually every goal we scored came from counter attacks.
Also 2 DM's at home to any team is just stupid, specially when one of them is shockingly slow.

Bobby has been in charge now for nearly 100 games and 4 transfer windows and to me at least the team is not evolving given the talent at his disposal. The manager now using the media after the season has stared to ram home his resource requirements, slating his players for playing in pre season mode and praising our comeback ability against a team made up of 10 new players. The board keeping it,s council and doing what they do best which is practically nothing in terms of the evolution of the club off the pitch and supporting it on the pitch.

I sense the only real benefactors in the short term will be the swell of new anti-board supporters and very bad PR for Everton Football Club.

We desperately need at least another 2 good attacking players, yesterday highlighted that more than ever. Compare the squad to Martinez's first transfer window and we've hardly changed at all. We've stagnated. Until we do get these players in I don't think he can be judged fairly this season. Just my opinion, of course. Put simply we've stood still while other teams have improved, some considerably.

Good to see Martinez repeatedly saying he needs 3 players. Hopefully it puts a little bit of pressure on the board and he gets the funds he needs.

All these 'it's only 1 game' shouts are a nonsense, yesterday was the 14th time in the past 20 home league games we have failed to secure the three points. Then when you add into the mix our next 8-9 games, I'm fairly certain we will be 15th or lower once we hit the 10 game barrier.

Blimey, didn't realise it was that bad.

Martinez aint doing it, and Levy cut his nose when RedKnapp asked for more wage, he transformed Spurs into a top side and Pochettino is still struggling to get back to Arry's benchmark.

It is what it is, Redknapp is a good manager, stick it in your pipe and smoke it, it is what it is.
If it's as good stuff as what you've clearly been smoking I'll gladly have a go.

I honestly thought,give him 10/12 games looking at the fixtures,I'd go as far to say after yesterdays evidence if there is no marked improvement after 5/6 games Kenwright has a very big decision to make,we could be anchored at the foot of the table by then,that was totally unacceptable yesterday,people saying we improved second half?yeah but could it have been any worse?,I think it was only the rocket the fans gave them at half time and not Martinez's rollicking that had some type of effect.

All these 'it's only 1 game' shouts are a nonsense, yesterday was the 14th time in the past 20 home league games we have failed to secure the three points. Then when you add into the mix our next 8-9 games, I'm fairly certain we will be 15th or lower once we hit the 10 game barrier.
Nail on the head.

I don't want to feel like I did last year when we went on that horrendous period over Christmas.

Already getting stupid amounts of grief from various mates as it is, even they can see our football is gash

A measure of how Everton have performed under Martinez is that we are talking about bringing in managers who are past it. These guys are brought in to stabilise teams, not move them forward.
I got heavily criticised for suggesting we go for a young forward looking coach along with an older more established man last time I mentioned it, I still think that is what we need.
Criticisms welcome.

We are so slow playing it out that by the time this new magic playmaker were supposed to be getting tries to pick a pass they have 11 men behind the ball.
We have 0 movement, we could have ronaldo or messi trying to be our 'creative outlet' but eventually they'd get tired of watching our players.... stand still....

A measure of how Everton have performed under Martinez is that we are talking about bringing in managers who are past it. These guys are brought in to stabilise teams, not move them forward.
I got heavily criticised for suggesting we go for a young forward looking coach along with an older more established man last time I mentioned it, I still think that is what we need.
Criticisms welcome.
Personally don't care who the manager is, if he makes us play with intent and incisiveness.

Why can't we go pass move pass move pass move pass throughball pass goal, instead of pass pass pass pass pass lose the ball

Our defending is utterly abysmal too. Forget that Watford scored 2 yesterday, most teams have the chance to put far more past us in a game than we do to them, just lucky we have 2 cb's and a goalie who generally are pretty boss at last ditched tackles/saves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back