Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said at the end of last season, he has at least until Christmas for me. He has to have time to get the signings in, bed them in and get us playing.

If by Christmas we're still struggling then I might lose confidence in him.

It's probably better to wait and see how he uses Deulofeu before completely writing off the way Martinez intends to break teams down this season, but I can't say I'm overly confident.

He needs to be honest about Lukaku's limitations and plan around them. That lad's time should be spent either looking to be played in behind, or picking the ball up in space and isolating whichever defender is enough of a fart for him to barge past and shoot.

With that in mind, the attacking midfielder we're supposedly after needs to be someone who can not only receive the ball and make something happen, but also time his runs into the box and get on the end of the crosses we often see played from the touchline. It doesn't have to be a player as good as Frank Lampard - Cahill did it well enough before his legs went, and Sigurdsson does it now for Swansea - so with the time and scouting resources that Martinez has had available, he should be capable of finding the right man.

Get this guy back...

B2HiGAvCAAABd-Y.png:large

Like I said at the end of last season, he has at least until Christmas for me. He has to have time to get the signings in, bed them in and get us playing.

If by Christmas we're still struggling then I might lose confidence in him.

Don't think he should be given that long personally.

Last season I said October, I am now thinking end of September. If we are struggling then and he can't get the best of what is apparently the best squad of players for years, he needs to go, simple as that.

Nothing has changed from last season. Same old same old only this time we don't have the excuse of the europa. Slow build up play, everyone in 1st gear until we go behind, two defensive midfielders on but we still look like conceding every time the opposition attack and a central midfielder on the wing. Nice one Bob.

I don't think he's the best manager in the world but I'd get Mark Hughes in. He has an eye for a player when he has budget restrictions (zabaletta, Kompany, samba, Santa Cruz) gets players playing that other managers struggle with (Bentley and Bellamy) he's improved most teams he taken over and seems to be able to mix his style against who he's playing. We now need someone proven in the EPL no risks.

I don't think he's the best manager in the world but I'd get Mark Hughes in. He has an eye for a player when he has budget restrictions (zabaletta, Kompany, samba, Santa Cruz) gets players playing that other managers struggle with (Bentley and Bellamy) he's improved most teams he taken over and seems to be able to mix his style against who he's playing. We now need someone proven in the EPL no risks.
Lol you really think bill would pay several million to pay of bobby and his staff then several more million in compo for Hughes. An then why would Hughes even come here

Mark Hughes spent a fortune at City on some utter dross, he did the same at QPR as well. Plus he's a world class [female sexual anatomy] ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back