Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe that some fellow blues complain about the football under Moyes compared to what is currently being served. We are nowhere near a team. Good players in defence but they do not play as a unit and we concede much more goals these days. Toothless and no idea in midfield and p*** poor up front.
In his first season we got a record points total which some hang on to. It is now about points but where you finish. I would rather have 85 points and finish first one year than 90 the next and finish second.
We are now a bottom half team and under Moyes we we virtually nailed on for a top 8 finish at least.
We used to be able to mix it up and grind out a win just like CHelsea do. When was the last time we did that?
I have missed five games in 39 years and honestly feel that there are not many managers out there who would have such a poor team with this squad of players.......... the school of science has closed under this clown!!!!!!!!

Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Sam Alardyce.

PMSL.

We have a manager, the one who got us our highest ever PL points total.

Those three muppets would take 60 years between them trying to rack that total up.

90 minutes into the season and the usual suspects cant hold their own water.

I must say, I thought it'd take 3 or 4 losing matches before they had the face to suggest a change. I gave them too much credit. 90 minutes. Ha Ha Ha. FFS.

His comments after the game are encouraging...."Slow and Pedestrian"...."Doesn't expect them to be like that from now on"....His style with a lot more intensity could work....I will judge him after ten games

Good to see Martinez repeatedly saying he needs 3 players. Hopefully it puts a little bit of pressure on the board and he gets the funds he needs.

Knowing we need three players and knowing who they are is another thing, we do need them but i cant see Martinez having a clue who they are.
Moyes regularly found players that no other clubs had on the radar, good players who were playing in the UK, all Martinez has done this window is bring in a player who everyone in the UK knew was available, Cleverly and Deulofeu who the club already knew.
The money is there, he just dosen't know what to do with it.

People need to give Martinez a break, he's doing the best he can of a very difficult job.

He's trying to drag us out of the dark ages of "sargeant major Moyes' agricultural hoofball" and finishing top 8 by trying to get Everton back to where they once were, and where they deserve to be.

I'm sure we've all read comments from fans and ex players alike talking about the glorious football played by the holy trinity as they passed the ball between themselves and the defense pointlessly before losing posession, or the brilliantly effective football under Kendall mk1 that saw boo's at half time cause the football was just that bad.

Roberto is doing his best to get back to that.

I don't think it's based on 90 mins its probably the same people who didn't want him at end of last season so i don't think yesterday has anything to do with it. I'm not a fan of Martinez myself but I think he should get the window to bring in players and maybe at least Christmas to see what he can do with them, and with the likes of Besic Deulofeu etc who are injured at the moment.

Can't believe that some fellow blues complain about the football under Moyes compared to what is currently being served. We are nowhere near a team. Good players in defence but they do not play as a unit and we concede much more goals these days. Toothless and no idea in midfield and p*** poor up front.
In his first season we got a record points total which some hang on to. It is now about points but where you finish. I would rather have 85 points and finish first one year than 90 the next and finish second.
We are now a bottom half team and under Moyes we we virtually nailed on for a top 8 finish at least.
We used to be able to mix it up and grind out a win just like CHelsea do. When was the last time we did that?
I have missed five games in 39 years and honestly feel that there are not many managers out there who would have such a poor team with this squad of players.......... the school of science has closed under this clown!!!!!!!!
Can't argue with any of that.

It always makes me chuckle when people say we played crap football under Moyes, his last 4 years here we were playing some brilliant stuff, fullbacks bombing down the wings, Pienaar and Baines, best left side in the league, Coleman looks a shadow of the player he was two years ago, its the way the manager has him and them playing.

If we continue in the same fashion this season I want Martinez out by Xmas.

Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Sam Alardyce.

PMSL.

We have a manager, the one who got us our highest ever PL points total.

Those three muppets would take 60 years between them trying to rack that total up.

90 minutes into the season and the usual suspects cant hold their own water.

I must say, I thought it'd take 3 or 4 losing matches before they had the face to suggest a change. I gave them too much credit. 90 minutes. Ha Ha Ha. FFS.
Last season, pre-season, first game, all the same crap.

In his first season Martinez did nothing to that team, it was Moyes's team and they were playing good football the way Moyes had drilled into them.

Absolute myth Martinez changed the way we played in his first season, total and utter rubbish for anyone to suggest it.

We played cracking football under Moyes his last few seasons, all I see under Martinez is decline, and we've fallen a hell of a long way aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back