Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Now all someone has to do is to tell all the parasite teams that sit back to kindly play further up the pitch so we can bomb on behind them.

No David, you are wrong. Regardless of the teams that sit back, i.e. Watford yesterday, we have no movement and the passing his slow and predictable.

All we need is our manager to identify this issue.

Its his job

He's paid the big bucks to do it

Oh aye, I forgot - the first season results was all down to the feller who was busy driving the English PL Champions over a cliff at that point.

No it was more to do with us being an unknown quantity, which was great while it lasted, but it came to an end and we are now there for the taking because the manager hasn't got a clue and everyone knows exactly what we are going to do.

Want to stop Everton scoring? let them keep them ball and they will just pass themselves into a hole and run the clock down, that is us, that is Martinez.

Our play is so plodding and static, we have aimless possession and then invariably end up punting an aimless ball into the channel, as we've run out of options due to the lack of width.

At one stage yesterday Seamus had the ball halfway between our goal and the halfway line

There were no Watford payers close to him nor was there an obvious firward ball to an Everton player.

So he turned round and passed the back to Howard......who promptly lumped it forward where it fell to a Watford player on the halfway line and we were facing another attack.

In this case Seamus would have been better off going long from where had the ball and maybe getting Rom in behind their centre backs with a chance on goal.

This is not rocket science.

Boys like Bobby and Brent are trying to re-ivent the wheel and the game is a lot simpler than they like to think it is.

Last edited:
At one stage yesterday Seamus had the ball halfway between our goal and the halfway like.

There were no Watford payers close to him nor was there an obvious firward ball to an Everton player.

So he turned round and passed the back to Howard......who promptly lumped it forward where it fell to a Watford player on the halfway line and we were facing another attack.

In this case Seamus would have been better off going long from where had the ball and maybe getting Rom in behind their centre backs with a chance on goal.

This is not rocket science.

Boys like Bobby and Brent are trying to re-ivent the wheel and the game is a lot simpler than they like to think it is.
It happens all the time mate. The full back has the ball and there's no option on for him as there's no one ahead of him on the flank, so he's faced with running down a blind alley or checking and laying the ball backwards / inside. But as you rightly say the diagonal from the full back appears to have been outlawed

Near the end Moyes was struggling to get the best from a talented group of players.

Martinez is currently doing the same.

Stale football, devoid of any spark.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He purchased Besic though Friend

Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Sam Alardyce.

PMSL.

We have a manager, the one who got us our highest ever PL points total.

Those three muppets would take 60 years between them trying to rack that total up.

90 minutes into the season and the usual suspects cant hold their own water.

I must say, I thought it'd take 3 or 4 losing matches before they had the face to suggest a change. I gave them too much credit. 90 minutes. Ha Ha Ha. FFS.

Can't stop cringing at some of the shouts

The real yardstick is what he's doing the same with all the new players we'll bring in this summer....which is what change was predicated upon.

Maybe we should reserve judgement till then?

You just aren't even willing to admit that the horse that you have backed is looking a bit lame are you?

I know you put yourself in a corner, but act like a man and acknowledge what everybody is saying to you.

I hope he turns it around, there are just no signs yet that he is going to do that. We are weaker defensively, all the back 4 were signed by Moyes and in his first season they were excellent, they have got steadily and progressively worst defensively under Martinez.

Add that to the fact that everybody knows how to play against us, plus his insistence on playing so many central midfielders and shoehorning them into positions where they are not at their best, it's all looking a bit grim I am afraid.

Last season he introduced some pace in January with Lennon, we are back to the same as we were before Lennon came in.

Last 3 league games at home are LLD and two of the sides I. There are Sunderland and Watford! It's looking like it's going to be a long and hard season already unless three are some drastic changes.

The league is getting tougher and sides we would normally finish above are all strengthening and we can see how they are all going to improve. He has a real job on his hands and he cannot live on his first season any longer, despite you blathering on about that all of the time.

No it was more to do with us being an unknown quantity, which was great while it lasted, but it came to an end and we are now there for the taking because the manager hasn't got a clue and everyone knows exactly what we are going to do.

Want to stop Everton scoring? let them keep them ball and they will just pass themselves into a hole and run the clock down, that is us, that is Martinez.
...which is why he needs to be given cash for new players to add quality we dont have.

Over to you Bill.

Yes. Now all someone has to do is to tell all the parasite teams that sit back to kindly play further up the pitch so we can bomb on behind them.
Oh, it's now opposition's fault we're not getting results :laugh:

Bloody Watford, they should gave us three points.

RM needs to lean that McCarthy, Barry and Cleverly are all too alike meaning a static uncreative midfield maybe at least one has to be left out or maybe two! when new signings are made!

No David, you are wrong. Regardless of the teams that sit back, i.e. Watford yesterday, we have no movement and the passing his slow and predictable.

All we need is our manager to identify this issue.

Its his job

He's paid the big bucks to do it
Slow and predictable...and you think the manger instructs his players to go on the pitch and pass the ball slowly to each other in a repetitive manner and get nowhere?

Maybe he drew all the wrong conclusions from his first season in charge - when the ball was moved quicker and forward more - that he was bored with the success of that and decided to tear that way of playing up?

...or maybe some of the players are simply not up to it and he's desperate to get 3 players in who can make a difference.

What would your guess be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back