Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking football. That's a novel way of describing the Gaelic football that Moyes introduced into the club.

The feller was a throwback to the 1950s. I'm amazed he didn't have them walking on the pitch with brylcreemed hair and diving boots.

True, we're playing cracking modern football nowadays. It's not as if we're playing monotonous, negative, walking-pace football and not being able to beat a team of 11 different nationalities that probably can't communicate with each other

You just aren't even willing to admit that the horse that you have backed is looking a bit lame are you?

I know you put yourself in a corner, but act like a man and acknowledge what everybody is saying to you.

I hope he turns it around, there are just no signs yet that he is going to do that. We are weaker defensively, all the back 4 were signed by Moyes and in his first season they were excellent, they have got steadily and progressively worst defensively under Martinez.

Add that to the fact that everybody knows how to play against us, plus his insistence on playing so many central midfielders and shoehorning them into positions where they are not at their best, it's all looking a bit grim I am afraid.

Last season he introduced some pace in January with Lennon, we are back to the same as we were before Lennon came in.

Last 3 league games at home are LLD and two of the sides I. There are Sunderland and Watford! It's looking like it's going to be a long and hard season already unless three are some drastic changes.

The league is getting tougher and sides we would normally finish above are all strengthening and we can see how they are all going to improve. He has a real job on his hands and he cannot live on his first season any longer, despite you blathering on about that all of the time.
You talk about Lennon being brought in and giving us pace but not being here now as if Martinez had totally ignored that evidence and doesn't rate or want him when we know he rated/rates him and cant move an inch in the market to determine whether he can bring him back.

That's just one small example of the type of inconsistency of argument littering this forum from the usual suspects who cant see the wood for the trees in their foaming at the mouth hatred of the manager.

Stop taking up easy positions and examine what's really going on here.

True, we're playing cracking modern football nowadays. It's not as if we're playing monotonous, negative, walking-pace football and not being able to beat a team of 11 different nationalities that probably can't communicate with each other

School of science reopened wasn't it? Were you taking the piss then too?

Posted without a hint of irony lol
Open mind on RM this season for me. If he gets his players in he wants he has to make a very respectable top half finish.

I said that last season and continue with it. It's called taking a principled stand.

Have a go yourself, you might like it.

...same people 18 months ago singing "Roberto's blue army". You just know it.

Very fickle.

I think we are missing something. Too narrow. Too deep.

But until we see his signings no one can say anything.

The behaviour of some over the past 48h has been a disgrace

I think we are missing something. Too narrow. Too deep.

But until we see his signings no one can say anything.

The behaviour of some over the past 48h has been a disgrace
...and Deulofeu out there too...the only signing he's been allowed to make yet that can shift us up a gear.

Open mind on RM this season for me. If he gets his players in he wants he has to make a very respectable top half finish.

I said that last season and continue with it. It's called taking a principled stand.

Have a go yourself, you might like it.
Yeah lad, you harping on yet again, about the record points haul of 2 seasons ago, and leaping to his defence, sound like the words of a bloke who's viewing this fella with an 'open mind'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back