Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah lad, you harping on yet again, about the record points haul of 2 seasons ago, and leaping to his defence, sound like the words of a bloke who's viewing this fella with an 'open mind'.
The people who want Martinez out want him gone for the good of the club, he wants Martinez in as he wanted him on the first place and dorsny want to be wrong, it couldn't be more obvious, he would sacrifice shed loads of Saturday's just so when/if we win three on the trot...... He could then come on here with his 'boss man' this and 'boss man' that cringey Kopite rakish chat.

It's only a matter of time now Martinez hopefully will be gone by Christmas (although that would mean a terrible 1st half of the season)

The people who want Martinez out want him gone for the good of the club, he wants Martinez in as he wanted him on the first place and dorsny want to be wrong, it couldn't be more obvious, he would sacrifice shed loads of Saturday's just so when/if we win three on the trot...... He could then come on here with his 'boss man' this and 'boss man' that cringey Kopite rakish chat.

It's only a matter of time now Martinez hopefully will be gone by Christmas (although that would mean a terrible 1st half of the season)

'The good of the club'

Jesus H Christ. The self righteousness is palpable

I think we are missing something. Too narrow. Too deep.

But until we see his signings no one can say anything.

The behaviour of some over the past 48h has been a disgrace
The disgrace I see, was that performance yesterday which was... in the managers own words ' still in pre season mode ' and the fact he and his staff at our club have yet again (two seasons running) failed to prepare our team for the start of the season.

That IS a disgrace.

Not bothered mate, I don't want him out because I don't like his dress sense, it's because it's no fun watching his Everton side

The lack of patience and 'me me me' is shameful.

He says he wants three signings.

Judge him on the final product. Not at 50%.

But your mind is already made up because you're clueless

Open mind on RM this season for me. If he gets his players in he wants he has to make a very respectable top half finish.

I said that last season and continue with it. It's called taking a principled stand.

Have a go yourself, you might like it.
You aren't exactly setting the bar very high there. Does that mean you would be OK with a bottom half finish if he doesn't?

Our wage bill is 8th in the league. If he does worse than that then he's had a poor season.

I have always backed Martinez and thought he was a fresh of breath air coming into a stale football club, but I have 3 problems with him currently. The first one being the training, I say this because of the type of injuries we are suffering currently, he seriouly needs to look into his training methods and resolve it. The next problem is the formation, it just isn't working for us as a team, it offers nothing going forward and what is the point of having two holding midfielders if they can't stop the opposition, this then leads me onto final problem of playing players out of position, Cleverley was moved out wide yesterday to accomodate McCarthy and Barry in the middle, he should be starting in the centre where he would offer us most.

A lot of fans are coming to same conclusion about our current problems, yet it seems the most important person in all this can't actually see it.

Yeah lad, you harping on yet again, about the record points haul of 2 seasons ago, and leaping to his defence, sound like the words of a bloke who's viewing this fella with an 'open mind'.

Dave's already set up his next excuse for the "boss man's" failings. The going on about "3 players we need" says to me that, if we sign one or two of those players and are still gash, he'll come on here and be like "yeah but we didn't get all 3 players Martinez wanted, that's the board's fault". Basically, Martinez can do no wrong in his eyes. If we somehow got relegated this season, that still wouldn't be the manager's fault, it would be the board's for not backing him

The lack of patience and 'me me me' is shameful.

He says he wants three signings.

Judge him on the final product. Not at 50%.

But your mind is already made up because you're clueless
Nice one. Very smart of you to resort to name calling. Clueless because I have an opinion that differs to yours? That's a weird mind set, but each to their own and all that.

Martinez wasted the best PL squad we've ever had last season. But in your weird judgemental little world that doesn't count. Ok then

I have always backed Martinez and thought he was a fresh of breath air coming into a stale football club, but I have 3 problems with him currently. The first one being the training, I say this because of the type of injuries we are suffering currently, he seriouly needs to look into his training methods and resolve it. The next problem is the formation, it just isn't working for us as a team, it offers nothing going forward and what is the point of having two holding midfielders if they can't stop the opposition, this then leads me onto final problem of playing players out of position, Cleverley was moved out wide yesterday to accomodate McCarthy and Barry in the middle, he should be starting in the centre where he would offer us most.

A lot of fans are coming to same conclusion about our current problems, yet it seems the most important person in all this can't actually see it.
We look like a team of individuals and that's the most damning indictment you can give. I will wait to see how we're doing until after the window shuts and so should everyone else but if nothing has changed before around mid November we will need to bring a new manager in then to give him time to get a feel for the team and then the January window to correct any problems.

I also don't buy the "who else would you get" argument. There's plenty of managers around. Hell look at the guy managing Watford. Good past record and had them playing lovely football in the first half and were very disciplined. I'm also a huge fan of Gary Monk.

After one good season, and one poor season, the only reasonable thing to do is give Martinez a third season before passing judgement.

To say at this stage that he definitely is the right man, or he definitely is not the right man, is equally brimful of nonsense.

Did you hand over your hard earned to sit and watch that pap yesterday?
Probably not, because he'd of had to tell 35000 Evertonians to stop being selfish and inpatient as Martinez' Everton were roundly and rightly booed off at HT as Martinez' Everton side failed to win at home for the 14th time in their last 20 attempts yet I'm bring impatient.

Ian, I am wrestling with the paradox at the heart of that sentence.

You say that "hopefully" Bob will be gone by Christmas.....then go on to indicate you are prepared to countenance a "terrible 1st half of the season" to ensure it.

Sorry, I can't be doing with that.

A "terrible" opening few months might see us in a relegation fight we might not get out of.

Are you OK with that.....as long as you get your hoped for Martinez exit?

Or in other words, would you rather we had an average run in mid table from now to Christmas which means Bob stays in situ but we have not had a "terrible" run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back