Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just happens to us on a consistent basis lad
Yeah but I might be being too positive here but I think Martinez is trying to change it up. We sign Austin and Shaqiri and we can go 442 a lot more, change things up. We looked so much better yesterday when Kone came on, so imagine a boss striker coming on. Just my opinion anyway, none of that will probably happen haha.

The manager didn't want it, that's why he gave them a kick up the arse at HT yesterday.

Honest to God, the level of analysis of what's actually going on before your eyes is woeful.

Stop talking in cliches and start debating sensibly.

They're crazy on here Dave. They're crazy.

For alot of the game when we had possession, Watford had 9/10 within 15 yards of their box. It's not easy to break down by any means, the way I'd go would be crosses from out wide but Rom can't win one for his life so it rules that option out.

Which of our players genuinely have the traits you've outlined? I can think of 3 in attacking areas in Del, Kev and Pienaar but he's crocked, Kev's unreliable and Del's the same so I really don't know how we get out of this situation we're in.
That's because we take so much time moving the ball forward after one of their attacks. Most teams get men behind the ball once they concede possession however there's a difference to that and parking the bus. They also compressed the middle a lot which is why Rom was looking for passes in behind. They didn't park the bus and I wish people would stop saying this about teams that play us.

Remind you of something?

It's not just Everton.

It's not just us and West Ham didn't park the bus in that game either. They were just well drilled defensively and worked hard without the ball.

Our style like Arsenal's requires fast passing and good movement and yesterday in the first half we had neither.

If you watch swansea everything starts with shelvy, who starts deep and moves up the pitch to support, he has a great range of passing and good vision. We have barry and mccarthy in that role who don't. In my opinion we should move barkley into a similer role as shelvy plays. If we stick to the positions we are currenty utilising, it will bea long season as nothing will change. I also think gibbo can play that role.
I always liked Shelvy.

No. I wouldn't. I'd think justifiably he'd be lucky to keep his job.

Point is: we're 90 minutes into the season.
My point is you said a respectable top half finish if he gets his targets. If he gets his targets anything below 7th isn't respectable. It might not be enough to warrant the sack either but it's not respectable.

I think some need to open their eyes that possibly Roberto Martinez is just an average manager who's not capable of getting his team to play the way he wants. And also who's to say his way is even affective? It hasn't been so far. The first season doesn't count IMO as he was not playing the same football as he's trying now n

Now if your saying that the players aren't following his orders then that makes him a very weak manager, if his players aren't following his orders then its pointless in him being there. The alternative is that this how he wants us to play, ball retention first of all.

Remember when Palace came here in his first season, and Wanrock schooled us. Sat deep and it us on the break, again I got shotdwon for identifying this has major area of concern. Since then every team comes to Goodison and does this. Its up to the manager to change his game plan or approach to break these small teams down. Something he doesn't look willing to do.

Look at Swansea yesterday, fast paced football, not long ball but direct face paced passing with purpose. That is what we should be doing

...or the third, and more likely explanation: he's trying to get players in who CAN make the difference (and is presently denies others already at the club because of an appalling injury crisis).

It's all still at the level of cliches this argument of yours. He's either 'stupid' or 'weak'. I mean FFS, how on earth do you expect a reasonable deabte with that type of posting?

...or the third, and more likely explanation: he's trying to get players in who CAN make the difference (and is presently denies others already at the club because of an appalling injury crisis).

It's all still at the level of cliches this argument of yours. He's either 'stupid' or 'weak'. I mean FFS, how on earth do you expect a reasonable deabte with that type of posting?

If players are refusng to do what he wants then he needs to drop them or sell them; its the basics of management. He hasn't got a team of championship players FFS, they are experienced, PL international players. The same players who played how he wanted in his first season (what you keep banging on about). Swansea play far more attractive football than us with less quality.

What a crap ( and extremely predictable) excuse that is.

There was enough talent at his disposal yesterday to put together a side with the right set of tactics to defeat a newly promoted side who barely knew each other's names ffs.

The issue is, that he doesn't set up a side to defeat the opposition, he sets up a side in the same dull, predictable and ineffective manner, time after time after time. His 'philosophy' is set, he's an obstinate manager, who fails to react and adapt. He a limited one trick pony.

What a crap ( and extremely predictable) excuse that is.

There was enough talent at his disposal yesterday to put together a side with the right set of tactics to defeat a newly promoted side who barely knew each other's names ffs.

The issue is, that he doesn't set up a side to defeat the opposition, he sets up a side in the same dull, predictable and ineffective manner, time after time after time. His 'philosophy' is set, he's an obstinate manager, who fails to react and adapt. He a limited one trick pony.
...more cliches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back