Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clown thinks he can get a team to play total football. Only Arsenal have ever done this in the Premier but they hadHenry, Bergkamp, Overmars, Pires, etc. Current CHelsea and United of old mixed it up but could also play a bit.
A good manager gets the best results out of the tools available and therefore Martines is a failure. This squad will never play like Arsenal did so he has to use the strength of the players he has and this is something he cannot do. No tactics employed depending on the opposition. Fergie and Jose had tactics depending on the opposition to get the result they needed.
If you were due to play us soon, you wouldn't have to scout us before to see how we play. We really are the most predictable team out there.
I know we cannot win every game but when did you last go home from a match if we lost and still thought fair play they had a real go today and I'm proud of them. We are just a shambles under this clown.

The clown thinks he can get a team to play total football. Only Arsenal have ever done this in the Premier but they hadHenry, Bergkamp, Overmars, Pires, etc. Current CHelsea and United of old mixed it up but could also play a bit.
A good manager gets the best results out of the tools available and therefore Martines is a failure. This squad will never play like Arsenal did so he has to use the strength of the players he has and this is something he cannot do. No tactics employed depending on the opposition. Fergie and Jose had tactics depending on the opposition to get the result they needed.
If you were due to play us soon, you wouldn't have to scout us before to see how we play. We really are the most predictable team out there.
I know we cannot win every game but when did you last go home from a match if we lost and still thought fair play they had a real go today and I'm proud of them. We are just a shambles under this clown.

Arsenal lost 2-0 to West Ham today

I said yesterday that the current situation is weird. We've had players signing new contracts over the last 18 months, so they're plainly signed up to what Martinez wants to do. But, too often over that same timescale, they're not turning up on the pitch.

Something isn't working, and it's way too simple to blame lack of signings and injuries. The fault lies pretty much equally between manager and players. It's Martinez's job to get the best out of his players, and it's the players job to deliver his plan on the pitch.

If, between them, they can't sort it, then it's costing the club money and it's much easier, and cheaper, to replace a manager rather than a squad.

The difference in prize money between, for example, 7th and 14th last season was between 8 and 9 million. Hopefully we'll be closer to 7th than 14th under Martinez this season, but, if not, he's going to be mighty nervous

Two season's into the job now and it's a mixed bag he's given us to conclude with. I do believe his message is across now on what way he wants it played, but you do have to have the personnel to carry it through. Attacking wise it all falls down in the final third: no movement worthy of the name and no one with the ability to find any one making intelligent runs. And so this is where it is important to underline the lack of signings.

When last season ended what was the conclusion on Martinez by most? I'd say it was that he needs to identify what went wrong and how he can fix it within budget. That;s what the man's been trying to do. He's brought in two decent players who can change things up in the final third (one now not available) but the playmaker we've all been crying out for to really transform us is nowhere to be seen. He's simply not been backed up to this point. So how can we ask him to identify the problem, recommend the solution, not give him the tools for the job, then blame him for things being back to the same old way of playing?

It makes no sense to me. I wouldn't dream of criticising Martinez until he's backed this transfer window.

I'd rather our manager had a vision for how he wants to play, and gradually changes personnel to accomplish that.

Martinez has principles, and he was lauded for them in his first season with us. Those same principles are now used to beat him. Sure, there's room for learning - but I don't want him to abandon his grand plan for short-term gain.

Excuses for him due to budget. Again a good manager gets the best out of what he has to work with.
Jose couldn't have done better at everton than Moyes given the budget. Three manager of the year awards go some way to support this.
I could do better than this clown let alone Jose...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back