Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distins a back stabber ? No.

Jags. You're making that up on.

Think you should go to bed. You're talking bobbins
Yet another worthless post.

Could you answer my question I asked you about 2 hours ago about why our manager has failed to prepare our team for the upcoming season in two consecutive pre seasons?

I have to say I picked up on that watching Arsenal and it got me thinking.

When teams come and park their whole team on the edge of their box for the majority of the game, how do you actually break that down? Arsenal, for all their top players, couldn't break through and it's genuinely much much harder than most people think.

People think we should turn up and the opposition will let us stroll through but it's actually very very tough with the players we have and I personally don't have a clue as to the tactics to counter such defensive units that we see regularly at Goodison.

We started to open up Watford more as they tired and more particularly when Kone came on.Kone, who has been the official diefault scapegoat etc on here almost since he signed. He started laying off short passes to runners or to players in good shooting positions(like Barkley for his goal) Yesterday, that was the way to get past a parked bus or well drilled defence..on other days it will be different. They made it very difficult in the first half, and we were too pedestrian, because players were stopping to think and taking too long to make decisions. We moved the ball quicker in the second half and when Kone came on played with two up front and it worked. There are no easy games in the Prem..its a flash of brilliance which can decide or save many games(Ross/Kone yersterday, Courtino for the RS today). I honesttly don't know what some people expect...we made chances yesterday, worked hard, kept going to the end. And why is Martinez to blame because we played slowly in the first half, and yet gets no credit for upping the tempo after half time and for one brilliant sub, when it would have been easier for him to bring Naismith on instead of Kone? Great management.

Two season's into the job now and it's a mixed bag he's given us to conclude with. I do believe his message is across now on what way he wants it played, but you do have to have the personnel to carry it through. Attacking wise it all falls down in the final third: no movement worthy of the name and no one with the ability to find any one making intelligent runs. And so this is where it is important to underline the lack of signings.

When last season ended what was the conclusion on Martinez by most? I'd say it was that he needs to identify what went wrong and how he can fix it within budget. That;s what the man's been trying to do. He's brought in two decent players who can change things up in the final third (one now not available) but the playmaker we've all been crying out for to really transform us is nowhere to be seen. He's simply not been backed up to this point. So how can we ask him to identify the problem, recommend the solution, not give him the tools for the job, then blame him for things being back to the same old way of playing?

It makes no sense to me. I wouldn't dream of criticising Martinez until he's backed this transfer window.

Hear hear.

Someone talking some sense.

Hahahahaha you are clueless.

The months we had of "jags, distin, osman, pienaar, howard, unsworth, dunc alll plotting against Martinez to get Moyes back".

Go pretend you understand FPP and tag dave into some more quotes

Hahahahaha you are clueless.

The months we had of "jags, distin, osman, pienaar, howard, unsworth, dunc alll plotting against Martinez to get Moyes back".

Go pretend you understand FPP and tag dave into some more quotes

I've only ever said Distin was plotting and a back stabber.

Vault me.

@davek

We started to open up Watford more as they tired and more particularly when Kone came on.Kone, who has been the official diefault scapegoat etc on here almost since he signed. He started laying off short passes to runners or to players in good shooting positions(like Barkley for his goal) Yesterday, that was the way to get past a parked bus or well drilled defence..on other days it will be different. They made it very difficult in the first half, and we were too pedestrian, because players were stopping to think and taking too long to make decisions. We moved the ball quicker in the second half and when Kone came on played with two up front and it worked. There are no easy games in the Prem..its a flash of brilliance which can decide or save many games(Ross/Kone yersterday, Courtino for the RS today). I honesttly don't know what some people expect...we made chances yesterday, worked hard, kept going to the end. And why is Martinez to blame because we played slowly in the first half, and yet gets no credit for upping the tempo after half time and for one brilliant sub, when it would have been easier for him to bring Naismith on instead of Kone? Great management.
That Kone sub was genius, disguised as madness. Martinez sees things none of us do.

That's why stuff like this:
I could do better than this clown

Is utter guff.

Two season's into the job now and it's a mixed bag he's given us to conclude with. I do believe his message is across now on what way he wants it played, but you do have to have the personnel to carry it through. Attacking wise it all falls down in the final third: no movement worthy of the name and no one with the ability to find any one making intelligent runs. And so this is where it is important to underline the lack of signings.

When last season ended what was the conclusion on Martinez by most? I'd say it was that he needs to identify what went wrong and how he can fix it within budget. That;s what the man's been trying to do. He's brought in two decent players who can change things up in the final third (one now not available) but the playmaker we've all been crying out for to really transform us is nowhere to be seen. He's simply not been backed up to this point. So how can we ask him to identify the problem, recommend the solution, not give him the tools for the job, then blame him for things being back to the same old way of playing?

It makes no sense to me. I wouldn't dream of criticising Martinez until he's backed this transfer window.

Don't get me wrong, the guy deserves more time. But in his first season we didn't have a playmaker with a sexy sounding foreign name and, as you keep reminding us, we finished fifth.

On the other hand, in that first season we had Leon Osman fit pretty much all the season, giving us the guile we missed yesterday and for a lot of last season, so maybe a young, fit playmaker ( ideally one who isn't lightweight a la Ossie ) will make the difference.

Jury's very much out at the moment though.

They're crazy on here Dave. They're crazy.

'Martinez out' clueless biffs

What an utter exaggeration

@davek

Clueless biff. As I said.

Last season it was how he'd lost 'the dressing room'.

Contracts signed.

Its any bandwagon to jump on for some

@davek has already made the points for me on why you are SO WRONG.

Distins already shown his true colours.

@davek

You biffs

All the bandwagon jumpers popping up.

Chatting bubbles.

Season has started.

@davek

Truth about Martinez hurts?

Obviously

@davek

So many bandwagoners.

Hear hear.

Someone talking some sense.

Just a lot of biff talk.

Thanks for your wonderful input as per though.

Seriously think you're going to look a fool at the end of this season with your lame excuses for Martinez, and your reply to his post is pathetic
Pathetic would be to call something wrong. His post was full of tired assertions about this manager that fits well into the lazy body of codswallop uttered on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back