Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why didn't he start him from the beginning and win the game comfortably

Its a squad game...subs can change games......it wasn't our plan A but it was an option from the bench depending on the state of the game. It was a top class substitution from an astute manager

Don't get me wrong, the guy deserves more time. But in his first season we didn't have a playmaker with a sexy sounding foreign name and, as you keep reminding us, we finished fifth.

On the other hand, in that first season we had Leon Osman fit pretty much all the season, giving us the guile we missed yesterday and for a lot of last season, so maybe a young, fit playmaker ( ideally one who isn't lightweight a la Ossie ) will make the difference.

Jury's very much out at the moment though.
Pienaar made 23 appearances (19 starts) and Osman played more times than any other plauyer barring Mirallas in that first season. Guile is what we need and what he hasn't had at his disposal for a long time. Eto'o I think he believed would provide it, but he really just played for himself.

If he purchases a quality playmaker there really is no hiding place for Martinez if we're not well ensconced in the top half of the table come next May. That's a very big if for me though.

I can't believe there are any Evertonians who don't have major concerns about Martinez. Apart from a flirtation with the relegation zone last year, look at a dogmatic adherence to tactics which don't achieve results, playing players out of position, unable to attract good players, terrible injury record. What really gets me about his tactics is that we can have four international defenders on the field protected by two holding midfielders and we can't stop average teams scoring against us.

Pienaar made 23 appearances (19 starts) and Osman played more times than any other plauyer barring Mirallas in that first season. Guile is what we need and what he hasn't had at his disposal for a long time. Eto'o I think he believed would provide it, but he really just played for himself.

If he purchases a quality playmaker there really is no hiding place for Martinez if we're not well ensconced in the top half of the table come next May. That's a very big if for me though.
Think you're starting to see the cracks Dave,as am I. Really do want it to come good and start playing some boss togger though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back