Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Kone sub was genius, disguised as madness. Martinez sees things none of us do.

That's why stuff like this:

Is utter guff.

Exactly. What martinez knew was that for his faults, Kone can spot a pass, can excecute a short 'set up ' pas better than most and knows how to read the game.Naismith for all his industry, does not have these qualities to the same level. And I like Naismith as a player. But yesterday, Kone was the right choice.

Pathetic would be to call something wrong. His post was full of tired assertions about this manager that fits well into the lazy body of codswallop uttered on the subject.

Nar mate Martinez is bloody useless, can't believe you can't see it

@davek is one of the best posters on GOT.

Doesn't jump on the manager at the first opportunity either

This the poster who invented the term 'plotter' to describe a large swathe of this forum who were concerned with s manager leading us into a relegation scrap with our best ever premier league squad. He then made out he was some sort of Oracle that had proven us all wrong when Martinez didn't get relegated or fired at the end of the season, as if the board accepting mediocrity wasn't the most predictable thing ever.

Exactly. What martinez knew was that for his faults, Kone can spot a pass, can excecute a short 'set up ' pas better than most and knows how to read the game.Naismith for all his industry, does not have these qualities to the same level. And I like Naismith as a player. But yesterday, Kone was the right choice.

So why didn't he start him from the beginning and win the game comfortably

Vault me that I've ever said anyone but Distin was a backstabber
We are in the Martinez thread. Stay on topic.

Now my question? For the 4th time.

Why has Martinez failed to prepare our team for the start of a new season, for the 2nd consecutive pre season ?

This the poster who invented the term 'plotter' to describe a large swathe of this forum who were concerned with s manager leading us into a relegation scrap with our best ever premier league squad. He then made out he was some sort of Oracle that had proven us all wrong when Martinez didn't get relegated or fired at the end of the season, as if the board accepting mediocrity wasn't the most predictable thing ever.

Yes. And @davek was right.

AGAIN.

Yes. And @davek was right.

AGAIN.

What, right in predicting premier league survival for a club with the longest number of years in the top flight? Right in predicting a board that has settled for mediocrity its entire existence didn't fire s manager for coming 11th? Two genius perceptions there.

The argument was never about would he get fired, or even would he get relegated, and I've said this to davek before. It was about s lot of people believing Martinez was not cut out for the job. If davek and yourself think he is then that's fine, but calling out those who don't as plotters and then proclaiming victory when we avoided relegation is bizarre. What if we come 9th this season after another dirge fest? The board won't sack him, Martinez won't go, fans won't be happy, will it be another classic victory over the plotters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back