Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same could be said about your case for Martinez mate.
I speak as I find. I always have with any Everton manager and I did so last season too.

He should have been backed all through last season regardless, given what he'd achieved in the first season. This season he can be judged when he has his targets in and we can see which manager we really have: the season one Martinez or season two Martinez.

What I'd NEVER do is just seize on any and every problem this team has and lay it at the manager's door, or worse - imply that he wants a team playing with no energy or passion. There's just no thought going into it. They're painting caricatures.

I speak as I find. I always have with any Everton manager and I did so last season too.

He should have been backed all through last season regardless, given what he'd achieved in the first season. This season he can be judged when he has his targets in and we can see which manager we really have: the season one Martinez or season two Martinez.

What I'd NEVER do is just seize on any and every problem this team has and lay it at the manager's door, or worse - imply that he wants a team playing with no energy or passion. There's just no thought going into it. They're painting caricatures.

Last season it was how he'd lost 'the dressing room'.

Contracts signed.

Its any bandwagon to jump on for some

I am a Martinez fan, but what he did in his first season is in the past now, and for the last 12 months the football has been 'stale'.

Surely the way we play and set up as a team lays firmly at his door.

He has know since the turn of the year what he needed to bring in, yet another season has started and we all still worried about squad strength.

That was you and dave you utter muppet. Spouting the distin/jags rumour

You massive ted

Haha oh yeah, i'd forgot all about how Jags was leading a "plot" against the manager so they could get "Big Unsy" in as manager cause he'd let them go play golf rather than have to practice passing the ball.

I'm assuming the plot to tank games by playing crap and getting him sacked is still ongoing given yesterday's performance.

I am a Martinez fan, but what he did in his first season is in the past now, and for the last 12 months the football has been 'stale'.
He has know since the turn of the year what he needed to bring in, yet another season has started and we all still worried about squad strength.

But who's faults that? We know he isn't averse to getting players in early (Deulofeu/Cleverley). Is it really believable that he'd be hanging round dithering like the ginger belter umming and ahhing over getting players in?

To be fair, if Kenwright is the chairman, there isn't much he can do.

I said yesterday that the current situation is weird. We've had players signing new contracts over the last 18 months, so they're plainly signed up to what Martinez wants to do. But, too often over that same timescale, they're not turning up on the pitch.

Something isn't working, and it's way too simple to blame lack of signings and injuries. The fault lies pretty much equally between manager and players. It's Martinez's job to get the best out of his players, and it's the players job to deliver his plan on the pitch.

If, between them, they can't sort it, then it's costing the club money and it's much easier, and cheaper, to replace a manager rather than a squad.

The difference in prize money between, for example, 7th and 14th last season was between 8 and 9 million. Hopefully we'll be closer to 7th than 14th under Martinez this season, but, if not, he's going to be mighty nervous

'Martinez out' clueless biffs

It's all still at the level of cliches this argument of yours. He's either 'stupid' or 'weak'. I mean FFS, how on earth do you expect a reasonable deabte with that type of posting?

The same players who played how he wanted in his first season (what you keep banging on about). Swansea play far more attractive football than us with less quality.

What a crap ( and extremely predictable) excuse that is

...more cliches.

.....no answer.

Thank you x

The same could be said about your case for Martinez mate.

What an utter exaggeration

@davek

Martinez out.

Clueless biff. As I said.

Last season it was how he'd lost 'the dressing room'.

Contracts signed.

Its any bandwagon to jump on for some

Very disappointing that you would call people clueless biffs for gradually forming an opinion after watching a year of absolute dross.

@davek has already made the points for me on why you are SO WRONG.

That was you and dave you utter muppet. Spouting the distin/jags rumour

You massive ted

Haha oh yeah, i'd forgot all about how Jags was leading a "plot" against the manager so they could get "Big Unsy" in as manager cause he'd let them go play golf rather than have to practice passing the ball.

I'm assuming the plot to tank games by playing crap and getting him sacked is still ongoing given yesterday's performance.

Distins already shown his true colours.

@davek

You biffs

tumblr_m6bg1sIWzg1qly9y6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back