Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Flexibility required" Martinez.

This is the man who starts each game with the same formation, players and tactics.
Got to disagree here, Martinez comes across as stubborn, he is at times, but most fans exaggerate him. He changes tactics when he needs too. He can't really change formation and players because of the squad depth being awful, which wouldn't be the case if we had a richer board. But to say he doesn't change tactics is silly.

Got to disagree here, Martinez comes across as stubborn, he is at times, but most fans exaggerate him. He changes tactics when he needs too. He can't really change formation and players because of the squad depth being awful, which wouldn't be the case if we had a richer board. But to say he doesn't change tactics is silly.
Two holding midfielders practically every game?

I'm puzzled why Roberto does these punditry roles (unless it's about the £££, which I doubt) especially at a time when there isn't much to boast about on TV!

But saying that he's spoken pretty well here, he has a mindset and 'concept' of how he wants to play and I think when he talks it makes sense - whether talking about us or other teams. For some reason though the players just don't have enough confidence in a)the 'concept' or b)the manager.

We have to somehow regain that confidence back, that may mean a lengthy run of results or making ourselves strong again at home. Sometimes you have to gain that confidence and good form by just grinding out results for a few weeks. That's my problem with Martinez, he does not like the idea of having to change his approach unless it's desperate (ala HT v Watford). I'd like to see us approach our next few games by just trying to gain points AND THEN start trying to play that sexy football which we got used to in his first season. We haven't really seen that confidence for over a year...remember that win at Old Trafford. It was the 86th minute and we had near enough our entire team in the final third of Utd's half. God I'd love to see that Everton/Martinez back!

It's easy for Carragher to play with his big i-pad and not have to worry about consequences. Do people here want Carragher as manager, like?

Exactly. He tries to rip apart how we set up a defence and then strangely says the best place for John Stones is to stay with Martinez at Everton for the next 3-4 years.

This could have been good with Neville and Martinez at least he's a respected coach and looking to move into management. Carragher just trying to take pot shots from behind his iPad, like he did with the Barkley comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back