Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...fans are fans. Barkley will shut them up with consistently good performances. Folk pay their hard earned to watch players week in week out, they have an informed view and the majority make it known that they are not happy with Barkleys contribution.
But the problem is as has been highlighted by Carragher. Barry drops back meaning Ross and McCarthy are out numbered in midfield. When a pass goes into him he's surrounded which means he can do nothing but pass it back.

It's not Ross' fault. It's not even Barry's fault. We've been found out and he refuses to change it.

But the problem is as has been highlighted by Carragher. Barry drops back meaning Ross and McCarthy are out numbered in midfield. When a pass goes into him he's surrounded which means he can do nothing but pass it back.

It's not Ross' fault. It's not even Barry's fault. We've been found out and he refuses to change it.

....I'm not having excuses for Barkley. I see the talent and so want him to be good but at times last season his performances were poor. Top players influence games week in week out, that's what he needs to do.

Stop cringing like a child, Roberto has been fine with what he's said. Ever diplomatic, it's not easy to be eloquent in a 2nd language whilst being interesting for the viewers and not offending any of his squad.

You sound like the one crying pal. He just got ripped apart on TV for his tactics.....

Although I think it was very unfair on him it was correct.

....I'm not having excuses for Barkley. I see the talent and so want him to be good but at times last season his performances were poor. Top players influence games week in week out, that's what he needs to do.

I know what your saying but you speak like he was/is the only one guilty of underperforming at times. The whole team struggled last season as did the manager who ultimately tells the players how he wants them to play.

Come on. Not when they're 21 (last year) and playing in a poor team. Our problems are deeper than one man. Barkley is one of the only bright things around the club at the moment. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Very true.....as carragher stated we are the ONLY team that does this.... Bobby's answer was hardly convincing into why we do it. He then clearly showed how that then affected the midfield in the next stages of play.....

Christ on a bike, loyalty and wanting your manager to succeed is one thing. Ignoring what's happening right infront of your eyes is another.

Stop cringing like a child, Roberto has been fine with what he's said. Ever diplomatic, it's not easy to be eloquent in a 2nd language whilst being interesting for the viewers and not offending any of his squad.

I also acquired English as a second language, I can attest that his English is outstanding for someone who learned it as an adult, he must have a very high IQ or something, because as you said, it can be pretty tough to express yourself so elaborately in a foreign language.

Why was it unfair? These are the questions we've been wanting him to answer for almost 12 months.

Because I don't think a manager doing sky a favour should be set upon on like that on TV.

didn't like it mate, it's not nice.

Don't get me wrong it was correct. And it proved everything I think about him but still...

Very true.....as carragher stated we are the ONLY team that does this.... Bobby's answer was hardly convincing into why we do it. He then clearly showed how that then affected the midfield in the next stages of play.....

Christ on a bike, loyalty and wanting your manager to succeed is one thing. Ignoring what's happening right infront of your eyes is another.
What makes it worse.

Because we are outnumbered in midfield normally the CF would drop back and give us another man there but we have Rom who doesn't have the touch to play that role. He's a liability when asked to do that as the clip at Burnley showed.

We have a formation that has been found out and players not suited to the roles they are being asked of them.

You sound like the one crying pal. He just got ripped apart on TV for his tactics...
A game of name-calling? How grown up, can I play? Can I play? Pwease, please, PWEASE!?!?! WAAAAH [Stamps feet] It's you who's crying not me, YOU NOT ME WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Pathetic. He didn't get ripped apart. Just calm down with the vitriol against our very talented (some might say phenomenally talented) manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back