Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have a very good squad and the players have the right atributes to play good attacing football, for me it just needs tweaking. Players are playing in roles that dont suit there game, a bit of shuffle in positions and have the players move the ball up the pitch quicker and we will be exciting to watch. If martinez cant see this, he will only have himself to blame when if he loses his job. Whats so frustraiting is that you can see how close we are to being an exciting team.

We have a very good squad and the players have the right atributes to play good attacing football, for me it just needs tweaking. Players are playing in roles that dont suit there game, a bit of shuffle in positions and have the players move the ball up the pitch quicker and we will be exciting to watch. If martinez cant see this, he will only have himself to blame when if he loses his job. Whats so frustraiting is that you can see how close we are to being an exciting team.

Got a feeling one more player( this playmaker he talks about) can unlock our true potential.

Got a feeling one more player( this playmaker he talks about) can unlock our true potential.

We also need a player with better vision, range of passing and drive in the deeper midfield role ( like shelvy plays for swansea). I think barkley would be brilliant in that role. Barry and mccarthy' s strengths suit different roles.

Good squad, but not playing to their potential. I wonder why that is ?
Truly think nobody feels threatened over their place. Squad is so shallow they can mail in a performance and not get replaced. Who is Roberto going to replace someone like McCarthy with? Jagielka? Coleman? We don't have the depth to make any of these players feel heat on losing a place.

Truly think nobody feels threatened over their place. Squad is so shallow they can mail in a performance and not get replaced. Who is Roberto going to replace someone like McCarthy with? Jagielka? Coleman? We don't have the depth to make any of these players feel heat on losing a place.
I totally agree. We talk about keeping players but the squad needs a shake up. The current crop, particularly certain senior players have their place nailed on. Regardless of performance.

Good squad, but not playing to their potential. I wonder why that is ?

Where do you think last years squad would of finished with say Jose Mouriniho in charge? Where would you expect this years squad + the 3 needed players to finish with the above manager?

It certainly wouldn't of been 11th. There's very good players here. That Monday night football segment illustrated in just 2/3 quick clips how differently this guy is working from everyone else. We're the Guinne pigs for his work. It's crazy people defend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back