Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams play against us: we have a great chance. Teams choose to park the bus: we'll struggle without signings that can take care of that problem.

Simple.

Didn't struggle when we got 72 points did we? Unless no teams parked the bus that season.

Or maybe Southampton parked the bus last year when they beat us 3-0?

Maybe you should make up some pie charts again like last year cause we lost the passing today yet won the game.

Teams play against us: we have a great chance. Teams choose to park the bus: we'll struggle without signings that can take care of that problem.

Simple.

Well yeah, we are undoubtedly better when we are not having to force the game, but also a few positional changes today too, not to mention no out-and-out winger until the 85th minute.

Well yeah, we are undoubtedly better when we are not having to force the game, but also a few positional changes today too, not to mention no out-and-out winger until the 85th minute.
Yeah, true. It's funny though that the boss always gets criticised for playing with only one winger. Leave them out and we romp home with a schilky fusschballen performance!

My approach this season was effectively starting at a neutral position with Martinez. Amassed a lot of good will in 13/14, used it all up by the end of last season.

Will probably revisit this in about November with where I stand on him. Regularly strong league performances and progress in the league cup are the immediate priorities I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back