Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about improving and moving forward...to do this we have to spend decent money or just fairly decent money, to this end we are miles behind most other clubs, if those brought in so far improves how we perform im not so sure, well see
I don't entirely disagree with you mate, but there is time left in the window. You must admit that there is a LOT of overreacting going on in this thread, based on the fact that Stoke / West Ham / Norwich etc etc have spent however much but ignoring the quality they've brought in - or more importantly the LACK of quality. Three quarters of the players purchased by the other prem teams in this window have been tosh or massive gambles. Of the remaining quarter, most have been overpriced. In fact, other than Wijnaldum and Alderweireld, I can't really think of anyone upon whom I'd say we've actually "missed out".

Traore just went to Villa for £7m.... I'd have taken him on loan, but Wouldn't have bought him for £7m
£12m for Shaqiri? Nope.
M'Vila on loan? Yes, I'd have gone for that.
Di Maria for £44m? Obviously not.
Connor Wickham for £7m? Nope.

You see what I mean? I wanted Deulofeu, because we KNOW he can do it in the prem and he was available at a great price. Cleverly may or may not turn out well, but he's homegrown and came on a free - that's good business. When we bring in the remaining new faces, I hope that some are on loan rather than outright transfers... IF we hand over a big fee for anyone, it has to be a sure thing. When all is said and done, the quality of the player is far more important than the number of digits in the price tag.

24AC81F900000578-0-image-a-65_1421413843141.jpg

Went with three in the attacking phase and wow did it pay off. Kone and Lukaku were alternating in dropping deep and had them in a mess all afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back