Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really does need repeating over and over, because it's the exact truth but STILL some people ignore it and focus solely on the sum spent. Utter madness.
Its about improving and moving forward...to do this we have to spend decent money or just fairly decent money, to this end we are miles behind most other clubs, if those brought in so far improves how we perform im not so sure, well see

I just can't believe that at the start of his 3rd season he has'nt bothered to get the player that along with the striker (Lukaku) was the most important player to get in, the ACM is fundamental to the way he sets us up, someone who can keep hold of the ball and pass it, someone that is determined and wants the ball, this would even help the defence out and would stop us losing the ball all the time coz there's no one to pass it to, all the other top half managers made this one of their top priorities and got some excellent players in for quite decent prices too, it's just so frustrating because it should of been quite do-able and one of the first things he done when he came

Technical area.

As for not spending money, what's the obsession with how much we've spent compared to others? Surely it's the quality that we should be worried about?

As an example, we've bought in Cleverly, Henen, Holgate and Deulofeu for what £5m? 2 of those for the first team, both of which have premiership experience and have improved the squad, and 2 for the future with minimal outlay. Plenty of clubs have spent £8-10m on one player who's unproven at this level, see Villa, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham and plenty more.

I'm not stupid and I appreciate we have tighter financial restrictions than most, but to solely judge how a transfer window has gone by comparing the amount spent by others is pointless.

If we only spend £5m this window and bring in no other players then obviously I'm gonna be back here going absolutely mental in a couple of weeks.

If it costs the manager his job because he had a thin squad, lack of options of the bench, injuries to key players and time for new players to bed in then yes mate ...it is massive problem.

Look at the fixture lad...he could end up with 7 defeats

Southampton Vs Everton
Everton v Man City
Tottenham v Everton
Everton v Chelsea
Swansea v Everton
West Brom v Everton
Everton v Liverpool
Everton v Man Utd
Arsenal v Everton

Look at the fixture lad...he could end up with 7 defeats

Southampton Vs Everton
Everton v Man City
Tottenham v Everton
Everton v Chelsea
Swansea v Everton
West Brom v Everton
Everton v Liverpool
Everton v Man Utd
Arsenal v Everton

Theres nine fixtures there mate so we could end up with 9 defeats.

Southampton Vs Everton
Everton v Man City
Tottenham v Everton
Everton v Chelsea
Swansea v Everton
West Brom v Everton
Everton v Liverpool
Everton v Man Utd
Arsenal v Everton

Looked at it numerous times but, kin'ell it doesn't get much harder than that.

We could very well see the end of Martinez at the end of this run. Over to you Bobby mate.

Struggling to see a win out of that run of fixtures. Suppose we can always push on from Christmas.
We don't want to be in that position though, with confidence and nerves affecting a team that is scrapping for points.

4 wins from that stretch of games above would be acceptable for me, given the difficulty of the schedule.

I would take 12 points from that lot now, but in reality i can see us getting 11, either way its bad, we add an league cup exit to it as well and its full on doom, gloom and fume.

I just can't believe that at the start of his 3rd season he has'nt bothered to get the player that along with the striker (Lukaku) was the most important player to get in, the ACM is fundamental to the way he sets us up, someone who can keep hold of the ball and pass it, someone that is determined and wants the ball, this would even help the defence out and would stop us losing the ball all the time coz there's no one to pass it to, all the other top half managers made this one of their top priorities and got some excellent players in for quite decent prices too, it's just so frustrating because it should of been quite do-able and one of the first things he done when he came

This has been my main, and for a while my only, issue with his time here. We should have had that playmaker since day one. For me, even though we had a great first season we wasted lots of possession in the final third especially when we had a man up on the defense. The reason was poor decision making and crap passing which would have improved greatly with a decent playmaker.

I think he wanted to rely on Pienaar and Osman, but thats not an excuse now.

I do fully believe we will have that player by month end though, and can´t wait to see who it will be.

I would take 12 points from that lot now, but in reality i can see us getting 11, either way its bad, we add an league cup exit to it as well and its full on doom, gloom and fume.

11?? Really?

I'd be made up if we bag 11 points from that run of games. Lose tomorrow (not so far-fetched) and I fear we'll be looking at 2 or 3 points only.

This has been my main, and for a while my only, issue with his time here. We should have had that playmaker since day one. For me, even though we had a great first season we wasted lots of possession in the final third especially when we had a man up on the defense. The reason was poor decision making and crap passing which would have improved greatly with a decent playmaker.

I think he wanted to rely on Pienaar and Osman, but thats not an excuse now.

I do fully believe we will have that player by month end though, and can´t wait to see who it will be.

Have you seen much of that Darder fella mate from Malaga as I know you watch a lot of Spanish togger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back