Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is we go into a game against Southampton EXPECTING TO do sod all and worrying we might get turned over. THAT is unacceptable with the players we have, the fact his tactics consistently sees us create sod all and leak easy goals is the problem, I couldn't care less what we spent if we "punched above our weight" as they called it under Moyes, last season and the Watford games were a disgrace.

Watch West Brom beat Watford at the weekend.

11?? Really?

I'd be made up if we bag 11 points from that run of games. Lose tomorrow (not so far-fetched) and I fear we'll be looking at 2 or 3 points only.

When i say 11 points i mean at the most, with plenty of draws.

Where do people think we will be in the table after those games?

This has been my main, and for a while my only, issue with his time here. We should have had that playmaker since day one. For me, even though we had a great first season we wasted lots of possession in the final third especially when we had a man up on the defense. The reason was poor decision making and crap passing which would have improved greatly with a decent playmaker.

I think he wanted to rely on Pienaar and Osman, but thats not an excuse now.

I do fully believe we will have that player by month end though, and can´t wait to see who it will be.

I think thats probably near the truth, but also feel that he signed Et'o (?) with a view to using him deeper than Et'o was used to,and thought that Et'o had enough of a creative brain to do the job, and also act as back up striker. Et'o let Bobby down big style...the one case of Bobby misreading the personality of a potential signing. Currently, if he can't get the right player in, I suspect he expects Cleverley to play a lot more forward, he does seem to be the best MF we have for getting the ball into the opposing box in the right areas.

He will bring silverware inside of two seasons

Something like this for the Finch farm canteen.
A_Silver_Plate_Flatware_Set_in_the_Kings_Pattern-00.webp

Last edited:

Don't know if it's been pointed out yet, but we attempted 107 long balls against Watford, which is more than we attempted in any game last season. We clearly changed our approach and were much more direct, but all the pundits only see what they want to see and continue to moan about us not playing direct enough.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958429/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2015-2016-Everton-Watford

Pundits?

Im not a pundit, it was turgid football, long balls isnt playing direct, its playing long balls, playing direct is attacking at pace, not playing zombie tiki taka across the back 6.

Pundits?

Im not a pundit, it was turgid football, long balls isnt playing direct, its playing long balls, playing direct is attacking at pace, not playing zombie tiki taka across the back 6.

I think out of those 107, 102 were aimless balls in the rough direction of Lukaku in the air and 97 of those came straight back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back