Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this how...?

Know? How can I know? I dont claim 'to know'.

It's more than obvious. Do you think someone in the desert dying of thirst turns down a glass of water?

What the hell does Martinez gain from waiting for new players to arrive? He was bemoaning their non-arrival post match today.

The one thing I think we should really do more of is play for the counter attack. Rom, Kev, and Barkley all put fear into defenders running at them with pace. Hopefully against the better sides, we will set up this way.

The one thing I think we should really do more of is play for the counter attack. Rom, Kev, and Barkley all put fear into defenders running at them with pace. Hopefully against the better sides, we will set up this way.
Against better teams they allow us to play that way.

We need the playmaker when stuff like that today happens. Urgently.

Can't see him making Crimbo at this rate, but who is there to bring in?

Really hope he does make it but sadly he doesn't look able to adapt very quickly for someone touted as a 'forward thinker'.

Klopp would be my choice if the worst happens but can't see it ever happening, sadly.

Ha Ha. Replaced before Christmas....90 minutes into the season.

You lads are comical.

*shouts over to RAWK: couldn't you send over better than these lads? Lol.*

Did he?,good to see.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "I thought we created enough chances to win the game, but the first half was not good enough.

"We were in pre-season mode, while Watford were ready from the first whistle. Playing against a new team in the division, you are going to get that and we did not react.

Against better teams they allow us to play that way.

We need the playmaker when stuff like that today happens. Urgently.

Absolutely, or even a more consistent version of kone today, today on the positive side, i felt their were more services into the box and we were actually sending the ball into the box. Unfortunately Rom couldn't finish for us. After kone's performance today, it really shows Rom's lack of effort and lack of ability to make or finish a goal.

The controlled play and passing is good when you're 2 or 3 up, the opposition is chasing the game.

Before that they need to go for it, 4 passes and the ball should be in behind the full back for our wingers running onto it or in behind the centre back for lukaku.

There is a time and place for everything

The controlled play and passing is good when you're 2 or 3 up, the opposition is chasing the game.

Before that they need to go for it, 4 passes and the ball should be in behind the full back for our wingers running onto it or in behind the centre back for lukaku.

There is a time and place for everything
Which playmaker you looking for us to get in?

Absolutely, or even a more consistent version of kone today, today on the positive side, i felt their were more services into the box and we were actually sending the ball into the box. Unfortunately Rom couldn't finish for us. After kone's performance today, it really shows Rom's lack of effort and lack of ability to make or finish a goal.
Exactly mate.

Of course, on here post match there's a few who dont care about cooly analysing what's just gone on, they prefer to scream about sacking the manager 90 minutes into the new season.

It's all very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back