Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know? How can I know? I dont claim 'to know'.

It's more than obvious. Do you think someone in the desert dying of thirst turns down a glass of water?

What the hell does Martinez gain from waiting for new players to arrive? He was bemoaning their non-arrival post match today.
It's clearly obvious that he's been waiting for Shaqiri and even if it goes to the last day of the window it will be worth it. Lets hope it doesn't and it did sound like Martinez thinks a deal (although maybe not him) will happen soon.

Yep. But not nearly as bad as someone tiresomely calling for Naismith to be brought on from midway during the 1st half in the match thread.

I can call on any sub if I want.

At least I'm not calling for the managers head before half time! Thats tiresome.

It's clearly obvious that he's been waiting for Shaqiri and even if it goes to the last day of the window it will be worth it. Lets hope it doesn't and it did sound like Martinez thinks a deal (although maybe not him) will happen soon.
Fingers crossed. We nee someone in to break down defences of teams like Watford all sat behind the ball.

Yes it should. Now given how much Martinez has been repeating the mantra about getting the elusive three new players in, who do you think is responsible for them not being in right now?

Martinez is NOT a ditherer. This situation has dragged on but not at Martinez's insistence. It's beyond his control.

Dave I give you the board, the first is BK the next shot is Woods, Earl and Elstone.

Dont-stick-your-head-in-the_0.webp
3cb227a.webp

Ha Ha. Replaced before Christmas....90 minutes into the season.

You lads are comical.

*shouts over to RAWK: couldn't you send over better than these lads? Lol.*

The match thread was a sea of 'Martinez Out'

Its a shame that neg rep wasn't still available. They all deserve -1000 each.

Against better teams they allow us to play that way.

We need the playmaker when stuff like that today happens. Urgently.
The pressed us higher up the pitch than we did to them. I don't know why you think that because we keep the ball in our half that means teams are playing on the counter.

If we played the ball forward sooner, not long just sooner the game would open up. It's the way Martinez plays that causes the games like today in the first half.

I do agree though that a play maker will completely transform our team but it's not down to how the other teams play.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "I thought we created enough chances to win the game, but the first half was not good enough.

"We were in pre-season mode, while Watford were ready from the first whistle. Playing against a new team in the division, you are going to get that and we did not react.

Rather ambiguous to say, okay but whose fault is that then that the team was in pre-season mode?

Phil mcnulty

@philmcnulty: Excellent performance from Watford at Everton. Deserved point. Everton as dull and unadventurous as last season. Why so long to do business?

Absolutely, or even a more consistent version of kone today, today on the positive side, i felt their were more services into the box and we were actually sending the ball into the box. Unfortunately Rom couldn't finish for us. After kone's performance today, it really shows Rom's lack of effort and lack of ability to make or finish a goal.
I don't think Rom was fit. I wouldn't be too hard on him after that performance. It was too awful for all to have been well with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back