Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But from what I saw of the 2nd half, they played a lot better?

I seem to remember that happening quite a lot last season though.

Poor first half followed by a better second half. People believing time and time again it was finally the turning point.

I seem to remember that happening quite a lot last season though.

Poor first half followed by a better second half. People believing time and time again it was finally the turning point.
Fair point mate.

I used to hate Moyes' teams for being reactors rather than being instigators. Roberto changed that in his first season here, but these players are shrinking away from their responsibility to get a grip of a game from the off and maintain it.

Tactics
But from what I saw of the 2nd half, they played a lot better?

Couldn't play any worse than the first half to be fair,with soton,city,Chelsea,spurs and swansea to come we will have to improve 200% to get anything from those games.

Tactics

Couldn't play any worse than the first half to be fair,with soton,city,Chelsea,spurs and swansea to come we will have to improve 200% to get anything from those games.

It was awful from what I saw. But he accepted that fact after the match. Which is a nice change,

He simply doesn't learn from his mistakes. That game today was a carbon copy of last season, as if there hasn't been a summer break. Very worrying.

Like last season it was half chances that where missed. We didn't cut them open, we put pressure on them and they went deeper and deeper.

We don't not cut teams open with fast paced and we do not play to Lukaku strengths

Ill say I preferred watching us under Moyes compared to this clown. The amount of times we play a pointless 1-2 back to the same player is shocking. There was lots of occasions said player could have turned and driven forward buts it's so ingrained in to them to pass it back where it came from they don't know any other way. It slows us down and we lack ideas. How many time did we see players with hands out cause they had nothing on. Said it last season I want him out

Yes it should. Now given how much Martinez has been repeating the mantra about getting the elusive three new players in, who do you think is responsible for them not being in right now?

Martinez is NOT a ditherer. This situation has dragged on but not at Martinez's insistence. It's beyond his control.

You know this how...?

The fact that fans started booing and groaning after only 20 minutes of the opening game of the season because the play was so slow and predictable isn't a good sign for the manager.

Usually it would seem very unreasonable for the crowd to react that way 20 mins into the season. However after last season's so called football and a real lack of signs indicating change for the better, it's understandable to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back