Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
make judgment after deadline day, this is the everton way , we wait until the last minute to get the best deals possible not like other team who offer high and pay high to guarantee they beat other teams, there are plenty of great players all over the world that would improve all area's of our squad .. I trust we will get the players we need .

Also we have not sold any of our best players since Martinez has joined .... We have given new contracts too almost all of them . The John Stones mess will certainly test our board and manager again 40 million is a huge amount of cash for our club but its so late in the current window, that i expect them too try and keep hold of him for another season. This could go down to the last minute and his value getting higher and higher as Chelsea desperately try to get him. Its going to be a rough ride , hold on tight :)

Bobby is on to a hiding whichever way you look at this now. To loose your key CB at this stage would put a massive hole below the waterline and the media machine will chew him up and spit him out when the results go against him over the next month.

Bobby would be well within his rights to follow John Stones right out the door this month and let the board have to crawl out from under there rock to face the music.

Bobby would be well within his rights to follow John Stones right out the door this month and let the board have to crawl out from under there rock to face the music.

This is the only way the rest of the fans base will see the board for what they are.

Bobby is on to a hiding whichever way you look at this now. To loose your key CB at this stage would put a massive hole below the waterline and the media machine will chew him up and spit him out when the results go against him over the next month.

That's not a reading of the situation I'd recognise, tbh.

If Stones is sold and we get dribs and drabs in, I think the narrative will be that RM is shouldering the burden of a transfer window that went west beyond his control - starved of funds, players leaving late etc. Martinez will do a Moyes and try and shield the board from criticism and one hand will wash the other.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Martinez took all this on the chin to strengthen his future position and get some assurances about next summer's spending.

That's not a reading of the situation I'd recognise, tbh.

If Stones is sold and we get dribs and drabs in, I think the narrative will be that RM is shouldering the burden of a transfer window that went west beyond his control - starved of funds, players leaving late etc. Martinez will do a Moyes and try and shield the board from criticism and one hand will wash the other.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Martinez took all this on the chin to strengthen his future position and get some assurances about next summer's spending.
You know Moyes is having a little chuckle at the moment.

fair play to martinez for starting him tonight. not trying to diss moyes too much, but in this situation i just get the feeling he would have bent over for chelsea, said to bill to sell and looked to re-build. fairly similar to the way to the kiev chairman seemingly wanting what's best for the player rather than the team.

you've got to be strong and do what's best for the team, not the player to be a success in this business.

fair play to martinez for starting him tonight. not trying to diss moyes too much, but in this situation i just get the feeling he would have bent over for chelsea, said to bill to sell and looked to re-build. fairly similar to the way to the kiev chairman seemingly wanting what's best for the player rather than the team.

you've got to be strong and do what's best for the team, not the player to be a success in this business.

He played Lescott in the same situation, and we all remember how well that ended

He played Lescott in the same situation, and we all remember how well that ended

lescott was a tit though ha, he was in it for the money as opposed to a massive step up - city were hardly any better than us at the time. i think/hope with the euros close and stones facing the possibility of forcing himself as being a starter for england, he'd actually knuckle down and do his job.

did we accept the first offer going with lescott? i can't remember.

Not been able to follow anything today,so I`m just wondering if Martines commented on the recent events i the pre-match interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back