Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes definitely wouldn't be taking a punt on an Argentine centre half when we're so short in that area. We need a quality, proven player brought in to fill that position immediately.
I'm sure we'll have other targets if Stones goes. Mori was always meant to be 3rd choice, not a Stones replacement

I'm sure we'll have other targets if Stones goes. Mori was always meant to be 3rd choice, not a Stones replacement

Logic suggests you're right, not an overstatement to say our season probably depends on Martinez bringing in a quality centre half. We're already below par defensively. This could be the nail in the coffin with regards to our ambition of getting back into Europe.

Jags and Lescott had one of the best partnerships in the league (should at Baines to that too). Probably won't and some will say shouldn't happen but he could deffo do a job for us.

Are you really? People where sure we still had targets for a No10 after we kept missing out. Look how that went.

Has it not got the point where nothing will surprise you.

Logic suggests you're right, not an overstatement to say our season probably depends on Martinez bringing in a quality centre half. We're already below par defensively. This could be the nail in the coffin with regards to our ambition of getting back into Europe.
It could put us in serious danger of being relegated never mind top 7.

We don't have an attack that creates a lot of chances when teams sit back and defend and if we don't have a strong CB partnership we're going to get countered to death. Not a good combo with the way we like to play.

If it's true that this Stones business is a board motivated mood I would really love it for Martinez to come out in the next presser and just be like "this is what happened, I didn't want it to happen... blah blah". Show his displeasure and start using the word phenomenally a lot less.

boydike-400x300.jpg

If it's true that this Stones business is a board motivated mood I would really love it for Martinez to come out in the next presser and just be like "this is what happened, I didn't want it to happen... blah blah". Show his displeasure and start using the word phenomenally a lot less.
At the very least if Stones is sold Martinez needs to be honest with the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back