Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Arteta, Rooney, Lescott and now Stones all hand in transfer requests within the last week. I'm sure the board are absolutely devastated not getting to spend all that money with the little time remaining.

Open your eyes, mate.

So what your saying is we should accept an earlier bid for these players so we get longer to buy replacements?

So what your saying is we should accept an earlier bid for these players so we get longer to buy replacements?
What I am saying is the board encouraged this all along. Don't you see a very common trend here?

Liverpool set a price and stuck by it for Sterling. They got that money 6 weeks or so ago and spent it and then some. Our board wanted this to happen. It is history repeating itself.

said it a week or two ago and it still holds weight.

how can we expect our manager to improve on the pitch when the board Tues his hands behind his back? after last season you would think by Christmas if we are really struggling then he isn't the right man for the job. But having to build a new defense this close to the end of the window I'd he surprised if we don't struggle. I mean how can jags build a partnership with a guy who can't even understand English!

He's had all summer to bring a defender in, and if you mean the Argentine can't speak English, I thought he grew up in the States?

Lol at people giving Martinez a free ride for Stones handing a request in. Like the only reason he would leave is cos of the board, nothing to do with earning loads more money, working with a higher calibre manager or playing Champions League football.

Stones has had his head turned, but he hasn't gone yet.

Course he isn't gonna quit, what a load of guff.

He's gonna carry on doing the job he's paid to do under the exact same circumstances that he knew he'd have to when he took the job.

The average fan on the street knew how Everton worked. Moyes warned him that he'd find out first hand how Everton work.

And now he has : but it's nothing he wouldn't of been well aware of when taking the job.

He'll spend what he gets given, then after that he'll just have to do the job to the best of his abilty using the tools he has.

He's had all summer to bring a defender in, and if you mean the Argentine can't speak English, I thought he grew up in the States?

Lol at people giving Martinez a free ride for Stones handing a request in. Like the only reason he would leave is cos of the board, nothing to do with earning loads more money, working with a higher calibre manager or playing Champions League football.

Stones has had his head turned, but he hasn't gone yet.
between the fact i haven't heard of him and twin brothers and dallas and Chelsea to he honest all I will go on is what he does on the pitch for us!

I genuinely feel sorry for him in this situation. Absolutely mental he's had to start a season with two centre halves in the squad.

If we only spend the Stones money in this window then it's a disgrace.

So is bobby going to be another yes man??

His press conference will be interesting

It is because after saying time and time again he is not for sale to then sell him he just looks stupid, even with a request, not for sale should be not for sale. He must of know there would be a possibility a request would come in, so to state as a matter of fact he is staying is daft if there is a slight possibility he might go.

From now on if Stones goes anything Bobby says wont mean a thing.

That aside i am worried what he might do with the money and is he going to be as good as Moyes was at finding bargains. I was no fan of Moyes, but i am struggling to thik of another manager who could sign bargains like he could.

It is because after saying time and time again he is not for sale to then sell him he just looks stupid, even with a request, not for sale should be not for sale. He must of know there would be a possibility a request would come in, so to state as a matter of fact he is staying is daft if there is a slight possibility he might go.

From now on if Stones goes anything Bobby says wont mean a thing.

That aside i am worried what he might do with the money and is he going to be as good as Moyes was at finding bargains. I was no fan of Moyes, but i am struggling to thik of another manager who could sign bargains like he could.

Moyes definitely wouldn't be taking a punt on an Argentine centre half when we're so short in that area. We need a quality, proven player brought in to fill that position immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back