Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that echo interview is strongly worded! The next week should be interesting

Not a fan of:
“This is not a moment in the campaign where we can use money to make us stronger. I feel really let down by the football authorities in this. We should look after our players.”

Does this mean we aren't signing anyone?

Not a fan of:
“This is not a moment in the campaign where we can use money to make us stronger. I feel really let down by the football authorities in this. We should look after our players.”

No. It means he's not happy with one of his players being tapped up through the media by a league rival and rightly so.

Not a fan of:

No think what he means is how late all this is, would be impossible to use any money from the sale efficiently

Not a fan of:

Mate look at the context, he was basically stating selling stones for any amount is fruitless at this point as that money couldnt be used properly

Pretty emphatic that response from Martinez, looking forward to seeing what the official statement will say today.

The one thing i hope, and this isn't a conspiracy theory or anything, is that the board are with him in what he was saying. I dont want it to turn into Martinez Vs the Board, should be one voice and not battling back and forth.

Surely, even if they would/could, they couldnt sell him after what he said.

well, guess unless chelsea offer something pathetic like £60mil, am sure heads would start turning then.

Plus, am glad that he felt strong enough to say the authorities should be looking into this, I would lodge a complaint with the FA for the public tapping up - and leak that to all the chelsea knobhead press darlings.

Talent in this squad is ridiculous. Lukaku Mirallas Deulofeu Barkley, a wealth of attacking options we have not had in a long time. Martinez owes it to himself and everyone to play tactics that allow these players to flourish. I dont want to look back in 5 years and think we had all these players at the club but did nothing because they never got the ball as Barry and McCarthy hogged it for the majority of matches. Play Barkley deep, get a class number 10 in, drop Barry, and let these players off the leash.
Time to trust Barkley and Deloufeu, put aside any petty differences with Belg, and jettison his favourites

kudos to Roberto. He frustrates the hell out of me but no one does a topsy turvey cup tie like him. I actually like it when he's flustered and angry, his real self comes out and he's a boss Evertonian, so much better hearing him say what he really thinks rather than all the incredible phenomenal rubbish he's usually coming out with. Can I have this Roberto to the end of the season please? The one who plays Ross deep with Deulofeu and Mirallas alongside Lukaku, scores 5, two fingers up to Mourinho, two fingers up to the media, a slap on the wrist for John Stones and then says he'll get to it 'in the morning'. Boss.
This is a great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back