Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty emphatic that response from Martinez, looking forward to seeing what the official statement will say today.

The one thing i hope, and this isn't a conspiracy theory or anything, is that the board are with him in what he was saying. I dont want it to turn into Martinez Vs the Board, should be one voice and not battling back and forth.

Surely, even if they would/could, they couldnt sell him after what he said.

well, guess unless chelsea offer something pathetic like £60mil, am sure heads would start turning then.
Me neither, I don't want a repeat of Joe Royle.

Me neither, I don't want a repeat of Joe Royle.

Funnily enough literally after hearing his comments after we got back i thought of big Joe Royle. Instantly thought of that situation, think the heightened worry with the board probably put that in my head - but it did cross my mind.

Impressed me last night.

Not initially. McGeady should never play for us.

But pretty much everything after was perfect.

Subs, outstanding. Half time talk seemed to kick them where needed.

Then the after match interview.

'Money can't buy everything '

Fantastic.
I'm hoping he has learnt his lesson from the awful substitutions he made against Man City.

Impressed me last night.

Not initially. McGeady should never play for us.

But pretty much everything after was perfect.

Subs, outstanding. Half time talk seemed to kick them where needed.

Then the after match interview.

'Money can't buy everything '

Fantastic.

Was first season martinez mate, needs to maintain that now. Made me proud to be a blue with his interview, now ffs board back him up with stones and buying who he wants

I'll buy you a centre half Jose if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you centre half Jose 'cos Terrys old and sh1te
But Bobby don't care too much for money, and money can't buy John Stones

Can't buy you Sto-ones, Roberto told you so
Can't buy you Sto-ones, no no no, no
worthy of many likes...fabulous nod to relevant lyric and great metre...kudos

You would like to there's no way he would have taken that stance if the board weren't 100% behind him. It's not over yet but we're definitely entering the end game regarding Stones.

I just hope those that say Yarmolenko is dependant on Stones being sold are wrong. We need both and then maybe we have a team that could either get top 4 or win a cup.

kudos to Roberto. He frustrates the hell out of me but no one does a topsy turvey cup tie like him. I actually like it when he's flustered and angry, his real self comes out and he's a boss Evertonian, so much better hearing him say what he really thinks rather than all the incredible phenomenal rubbish he's usually coming out with. Can I have this Roberto to the end of the season please? The one who plays Ross deep with Deulofeu and Mirallas alongside Lukaku, scores 5, two fingers up to Mourinho, two fingers up to the media, a slap on the wrist for John Stones and then says he'll get to it 'in the morning'. Boss.

I think all that phenomenal guff last year was pushed a lot of people over edge, especially what we were subject to in terms of the actual performance.

But totally agree, he stepped away from his usual media niceness and laid a statement down that he's the boss.

Still laughing at his face at half time, the utter fume was something I've never seen in him

I'll buy you a centre half Jose if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you centre half Jose 'cos Terrys old and sh1te
But Bobby don't care too much for money, and money can't buy John Stones

Can't buy you Sto-ones, Roberto told you so
Can't buy you Sto-ones, no no no, no

I think I like this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back