Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll buy you a centre half Jose if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you centre half Jose 'cos Terrys old and sh1te
But Bobby don't care too much for money, and money can't buy John Stones

Can't buy you Sto-ones, Roberto told you so
Can't buy you Sto-ones, no no no, no
Incredible! Spread the word on this chant.

But....I'd change it to 'We dont care too much for money' sings better ;)

I love the quotes. Roberto is obviously very passionate about what he wants to do with this young team. He is ambitious. But unfortunately the board are failing to show this ambition I keep hearing about...

Martinez has set his stall. Time for the board of directors to prove they can keep their part of the bargain.

Well, I'm really suprised..were starting to see more Bobby Deniro than Bobby Martinez. Frankly... I love it !!!
Tell em Bob lad !! Money cant buy you everything !!!!
Brilliant.

Great interview, particularly the dig at the authorities for the shameless way in which Chelsea have gone about their business.

Be in an interesting few days that's for sure.

THIS NEEDS TO BE SUNG AT THE NEXT FEW MATCHES!!

I'll buy you a centre half Jose if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you centre half Jose 'cos Terrys old and sh1te
But We don't care too much for money,
money can't buy John Stones

Can't buy you Sto-ones, Roberto told you so
Can't buy you Sto-ones, no no no, no!!

I just tweeted a bit of the lyrics to the Chelsea twitter account ;) muhaha

Big shout out to the @TheCount on this"!

Great comments after the game, hopefully that’s the stance the club are taking now. It’ll be a long few days now.

I liked the strong team selection although with a few coming back from injuries etc. there were a few issues and a few of the players looked like they expected it to be easier from the start. The subs were great and changed the game you could tell Martinez wasn’t happy at half time and I hope he made those feelings known to the players, I imagine he did. Hopefully with the way the game went a lot of players will have got some needed game time and confidence from it.

But is he ever going to change the system to stop us being so open? Watching Everton is like watching a basketball game, there are very few turnovers of play, it seems possession only ends when the ball goes out of play. It doesn’t seem to matter who plays central midfield the defence have very little cover and the opposition always look like they are going to score. It’s weird to watch, I guess it’s exciting for neutrals but as a fan I’d rather we looked a bit stronger as a team defensively, even if it’s just pressing the game more to stop players picking out passes. We should never have given Barnsley a sniff but as soon as they realised they could hurt us if they attacked quickly and direct, they looked dangerous every time they went forward.

2rdd7i8.jpg

Attachments

• goodfellas.webp
    goodfellas.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 59
I think all that phenomenal guff last year was pushed a lot of people over edge, especially what we were subject to in terms of the actual performance.

But totally agree, he stepped away from his usual media niceness and laid a statement down that he's the boss.

Still laughing at his face at half time, the utter fume was something I've never seen in him

We need way more of that Angry Bob fella.

I have just referred to this on another thread but after last two seasons of me giving bobby abuse out of frustration, it must be said that he handled yesterdays comeback and interview really well. I think the man should be more ruthless at times, seeing the utter fume at half time meant business. Same way I love how Naismith can be a dog at times.

Its about time the club as a whole got abit dirty to back up Bobby and his stones stance. If anybody knows how to get this proactive angry Martinez on the touchline please let me know. I will wind him up before every game such as hiding his brown shoes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back