Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good job the mod team are here to protect you !

Anyway, back on topic and to save me trawling through the thread. A few people have said Bobby looked furious at half time. Does anyone have gifs or similar for this ? Couldn't see his face from where I was.

es6eyd.jpg

'Martinez getting mad is impressive'. I dont know why anyone would need to see him get a cob on to accept him more. It bodes ominously for the future when it's not so much football knowledge that get's the manager's job but how much they can gurn their faces.

'Martinez getting mad is impressive'. I dont know why anyone would need to see him get a cob on to accept him more. It bodes ominously for the future when it's not so much football knowledge that get's you the manager's job but how much they can gurn their faces.

Your avatar looks like it's got a decent gurn in it.
Mind you, who am I to talk.

People like to see a combination of skill, passion and fight on the pitch. It's only natural that folk want to have all those qualities visible in the manager. It creates a closer bond between supporters, who part with their hard earned, and the manager.

I know a couple of people who saw him behind the scenes at Wigan, so know what he's like behind closed doors. It's good that others realise he's not the soft touch that his normal public persona might suggest.

It's like the opposite of yourself really. I know, from conversations we've had in private, that beneath that grumpy, angry exterior there's a really decent bloke.

Your avatar looks like it's got a decent gurn in it.
Mind you, who am I to talk.

People like to see a combination of skill, passion and fight on the pitch. It's only natural that folk want to have all those qualities visible in the manager. It creates a closer bond between supporters, who part with their hard earned, and the manager.

I know a couple of people who saw him behind the scenes at Wigan, so know what he's like behind closed doors. It's good that others realise he's not the soft touch that his normal public persona might suggest.

It's like the opposite of yourself really. I know, from conversations we've had in private, that beneath that grumpy, angry exterior there's a really decent bloke.

The thing is, he's always animated pitchside, so I dont see what more he has to do on that score. It's not like he's a passionless observer of the game.

The overall point being made though is that being furious in public is somehow equated with being a good a manager and shows they 'get it'.

It's ridiculous. But apparently it brings respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back