Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
good thing is we aren't getting into the habit like last year of following up a defeat with another defeat and letting the rot set in, after 120 minutes a few days ago for quite a few of them players and a few of them coming back into match fitness after injuries, it's a good point that

Not this again...

Firstly, our squad that got to the FA Cup final was probably better,

Secondly, everyone else's squads are better than ever, thanks to increased revenue.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Anichebe (Gosling 71), Castillo (Rodwell 76), Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill. Subs Not Used: Nash, Yobo, Van der Meyde, Jacobsen, Jutkiewicz.

There's an example of our squad from that year in our biggest game of the season. You're genuinely telling me what we have now isn't better?

Lots of teams have always had bigger budgets than us, it's not an excuse. What we've got on paper demands we push for a European place.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Anichebe (Gosling 71), Castillo (Rodwell 76), Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill. Subs Not Used: Nash, Yobo, Van der Meyde, Jacobsen, Jutkiewicz.

There's an example of our squad from that year in our biggest game of the season. You're genuinely telling me what we have now isn't better?

Lots of teams have always had bigger budgets than us, it's not an excuse. What we've got on paper demands we push for a European place.

You've missed a few players out of that squad like.

In any event, how not having the same budget as other teams is not a genuine excuse is quite beyond me.

We are pushing for Europe, haven't you looked at the table? We DREW, yes that's right, we didn't lose, we DREW, with another team with identical aspirations.

The for love of God, I have no idea why I post in the Everton forum.

Still absolutely LOL'ing at "lots of teams have always had bigger budgets than us, it's not an exuse".

It's like shooting a 3 legged horse because it failed to win a race.

Edit: Or in this case, shooting the jockey.

You've missed a few players out of that squad like.

In any event, how not having the same budget as other teams is not a genuine excuse is quite beyond me.

We are pushing for Europe, haven't you looked at the table? We DREW, yes that's right, we didn't lose, we DREW, with another team with identical aspirations.

The for love of God, I have no idea why I post in the Everton forum.

I took a random squad, Arteta and Yakubu would've been in but they missed half the season through injury. The table doesn't concern me at the moment, it's the way we're approaching games and the impact that will have on the rest of the season.

You're really positive about the start we've made and that's fine but so is voicing concerns for the longer term. It doesn't make one of us right/wrong.

The budget thing isn't an excuse because IMO we still have better squads than every team in the league outside of the top 6.

I took a random squad, Arteta and Yakubu would've been in but they missed half the season through injury. The table doesn't concern me at the moment, it's the way we're approaching games and the impact that will have on the rest of the season.

You're really positive about the start we've made and that's fine but so is voicing concerns for the longer term. It doesn't make one us right/wrong.

Saha too, remember him scoring a pretty tidy goal inside a minute in one game, can't think which one...

No, sadly Friend, it does, you're badly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back