Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall see, I just don't see any change from last season.

It seems most people on here pretty much write off the games against the better teams as free hits because we're unlikely to get anything from them. The acid test will come against the likes of Sunderland at home, which I think we'll struggle in because of the tactics our manager employs.

Well we will see, but I'm positive about it, we're improving on last year, there's been a heap of crap off the field that has affected everyone, let's wait and see!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Martinez: &quot;I heard a great song about John Stones that our fans were singing. I was ready to join in.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TOTvEFC?src=hash">#TOTvEFC</a></p>&mdash; Everton (@everton) <a href="">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's boss.

The last couple of weeks havent been the most stable. Watford (unknown quantity)aside I consider a result in the following 7 games a bonus.
Very difficult start to the season, but continue like today nick a point at a top 7 club .I'm ok with that ,brighter days to come after this tricky period.

A result in the next 7 games is a bonus? Mate, we've got the best squad we've had since we last won the league. Sights have got to be set a lot higher than that.

I'm not sure if Kone will be benched. It would appear Kone is our holdup man whenever teams press us. The fact remains unless we're chasing the game by loads or it's the last few minutes Martinez refuses to play both Deulofeu and Mirallas.

I'd play these as a front three with Kone in the centre to hold it up and feed them through. Obviously Lukaku would be an option if he didn't have the control of a wet sponge.

A result in the next 7 games is a bonus? Mate, we've got the best squad we've had since we last won the league. Sights have got to be set a lot higher than that.

Not this again...

Firstly, our squad that got to the FA Cup final was probably better,

Secondly, everyone else's squads are better than ever, thanks to increased revenue.

I don't know whether it's tactics but Barry and McCarthy haven't got any interest in offering a threat to the opposition. I really don't think you can afford to have two midfielders playing in that manner.
And they don't provide much protection for the defence either. Teams play through us with ease. We are conceding more chances than we create, which has been the case for the past year.

All managers have their favorites. I'm sure there is a future Everton manager out there in 2019 who will trot out a then 132 year old Osman every single match and talk about how underrated he is at every press conference. That being said, yes Barry has done, well OK, this season! He could be quite valuable if he's not run into the ground and we would be all like "hey that Barry is good when he starts around 60% of the matches!". You bought Besic for a reason, he's not Moyes player he's all yours, take him off the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back