Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play these as a front three with Kone in the centre to hold it up and feed them through. Obviously Lukaku would be an option if he didn't have the control of a wet sponge.
Unfortunately he does have the control of a wet sponge. We don't need to start playing % football. We just need a No10 and to drop Barkley back and play either Besic, McCarthy or Barry but not two of them together. Frankly out of those 3 I would start Besic. But it doesn't matter what we want because we all know Martinez refuses to play two wingers in the wide positions. I still think Carles Gil on the left would be perfect for our system and very affordable. I don't want to see the money blown on the guy from Dortmund since he's recently had a ACL injury and hasn't been right since and we aren't a club that can afford to panic buy. I know that means a lot of people will criticize the board for their net spend but the reality is Martinez wanted Yarmolenko and was prepared to gamble everything to get him and it hasn't worked.

Unfortunately he does have the control of a wet sponge. We don't need to start playing % football. We just need a No10 and to drop Barkley back and play either Besic, McCarthy or Barry but not two of them together. Frankly out of those 3 I would start Besic. But it doesn't matter what we want because we all know Martinez refuses to play two wingers in the wide positions. I still think Carles Gil on the left would be perfect for our system and very affordable. I don't want to see the money blown on the guy from Dortmund since he's recently had a ACL injury and hasn't been right since and we aren't a club that can afford to panic buy. I know that means a lot of people will criticize the board for their net spend but the reality is Martinez wanted Yarmolenko and was prepared to gamble everything to get him and it hasn't worked.
Gil is crap

Saha too, remember him scoring a pretty tidy goal inside a minute in one game, can't think which one...

No, sadly Friend, it does, you're badly wrong.

I'm wrong if we get ourselves to a top 7 finish which is around where I think we should be. The table means very little right now, as I said I'm looking more to the style of football and the persistence of playing two holding midfielders.

I'm wrong if we get ourselves to a top 7 finish which is around where I think we should be. The table means very little right now, as I said I'm looking more to the style of football and the persistence of playing two holding midfielders.

You just dismiss everything to suit your agenda, budgets, tables, results, you've been ruined here.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Anichebe (Gosling 71), Castillo (Rodwell 76), Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill. Subs Not Used: Nash, Yobo, Van der Meyde, Jacobsen, Jutkiewicz.

There's an example of our squad from that year in our biggest game of the season. You're genuinely telling me what we have now isn't better?

Jacobsen came on for Hibbo at half time after the latter had been booked early on and was subsequently roasted by Kalou or Malouda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back